Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

Flu bug question..........?

Ok so I've been dealing with the flu bug. I've been vomiting, and I've been having trouble getting to sleep.

Anyone got advice for me?

It would mean alot

Thanks (:

I've also been have dirreah (dont know how to spe ll it) anyone got a cure for that?

Favorite Answer

I know the feeling, and what worked for me was dramamine. Seriously, it really helped the nausea and sleep was so easy. Unfortunately, the diarrhea will have to run its course. Just stay away from dairy products, it will only make it worse.

Kyra:

When one speaks of Flu it could mean many things. Influenza or The Flu is a respiratory illness with fatigue cough body aches and general run down feeling, also fever.

Flu bug is a general term for a viral illness, it can be respiratory or gastrointestinal which is what you are talking about.

1. Start by not eating or drinking anything for about 12 hours while you are vomiting. Then start back on a diet of liquids (clear) jello, apple juice, tea, flat cola, sprite etc. No solid foods for a while. If you are able to hold the liquid down then go to the BRAT diet. Banana, Rice, AppleSauce, Toast before progressing to regular food.

For sleep, make sure you avoid caffeine. Low doses of benadryl are often helpful for mild insomnia.

Oh poor you I sympathise as I too have had this bug. However, I wasn't vomiting with it. You will have trouble getting to sleep because of your illness. I would advice a hot milky drink before going to bed, but if you are vomiting this would be unwise. Perhaps it is best to get a check up with doctor...especially if you have been vomiting for more than three days. In the meantime do drink plenty of water as you will get dehydrated with high temperature, sweating and vomiting. Hope you are well soon...take care.

Yea get some sopositories!!