Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My Niece with an red eye lid?

Just a couple days ago my sister's husband started having a red eye lid. He says that when he blinks they hurt a bit. and today my niece has the same thing. What is it? and is there a home cure?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

conjunctivitis - Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye, also known as pink eye.

It's a way of body to get excess heat out of body through eyes, however it is very much contagious and has to be treated before it affects your eyes.

Home cure is applying your own early morning urine to the eyes.

Should clear in week time.

Wear dark glasses when outside to avoid damaging your eyes by UV light and keep washing your hands everytime you come in contact with some stranger or visit loo.

Do not touch your eyes at all anytime of the day.

Remember pink eye or conjunctivitis is contagious, you don't get it by staring at the person's eye but rather when you come in contact with his/her hands or something that person had laid his hands upon and then they get transferred to your eyes with your own hands, so keep washing those hands rigourously with anti-bacterial soap.

Source(s): Exp
  • 1 decade ago

It's a sty...warm tea bag to sooth. There is a homeopathic you can buy for irritation with orange lid, found at Wal mart or Target. It will go away in a few days, caused by stress or illness trying to leave the body. Nothing to worry to much about. Good luck, hope this helps!

• KAT
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It's either Pink Eye or Sty...They do have an over the counter tube for STY ask your druggist..I wear contacts and every so often I get a tiny pimple on my eye lid..I use STY and in 2 days it disappears. or the pimple (STY) breaks. It's like a jell. Pink Eye you need to see a Dr. and it is contagious.

• 1 decade ago

Could be pink eye is what it sounds like which is highly contagious.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pinkeye-topic-o...

OTC Similasan Pink Eye Relief eye drops they work really good too. But I would take them both to the doctor just in case it could be something else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

pink eye it is contagios but wil go away afeter a couple days but make sure you keep away from them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.