My Niece with an red eye lid?

Just a couple days ago my sister's husband started having a red eye lid. He says that when he blinks they hurt a bit. and today my niece has the same thing. What is it? and is there a home cure?

Favorite Answer

conjunctivitis - Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye, also known as pink eye.

It's a way of body to get excess heat out of body through eyes, however it is very much contagious and has to be treated before it affects your eyes.

Home cure is applying your own early morning urine to the eyes.

Should clear in week time.

Wear dark glasses when outside to avoid damaging your eyes by UV light and keep washing your hands everytime you come in contact with some stranger or visit loo.

Do not touch your eyes at all anytime of the day.

Remember pink eye or conjunctivitis is contagious, you don't get it by staring at the person's eye but rather when you come in contact with his/her hands or something that person had laid his hands upon and then they get transferred to your eyes with your own hands, so keep washing those hands rigourously with anti-bacterial soap.

Source(s): Exp

It's a sty...warm tea bag to sooth. There is a homeopathic you can buy for irritation with orange lid, found at Wal mart or Target. It will go away in a few days, caused by stress or illness trying to leave the body. Nothing to worry to much about. Good luck, hope this helps!

• KAT

It's either Pink Eye or Sty...They do have an over the counter tube for STY ask your druggist..I wear contacts and every so often I get a tiny pimple on my eye lid..I use STY and in 2 days it disappears. or the pimple (STY) breaks. It's like a jell. Pink Eye you need to see a Dr. and it is contagious.

Could be pink eye is what it sounds like which is highly contagious.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pinkeye-topic-o...

OTC Similasan Pink Eye Relief eye drops they work really good too. But I would take them both to the doctor just in case it could be something else.

pink eye it is contagios but wil go away afeter a couple days but make sure you keep away from them