Should people have equal access to all resources and money eliminated?

This is on a world scale eventually. We take over a insignificant, weak country and we have a vanguard or something responsible for creating the transition. Eventually there would be no government, but some organization is necessary. Once we have succeeded in the revolution, we continue to other weak countries and eventually the stronger ones at the end. The whole process would be democratic and certain people will be charge of certain geographic areas (but not in the sense that they are leaders of countries, as that would imply hierarchy). All people will be provided according to his or her need and work according to his or her skill or ability. Production would be based on demand, as in people would tell the economic planning department (these people being elected democratically) what they need (as in essential needs) and what they would like (within reasonable limits) and industries with the most demand would require more workers while other industries would require less. What do you think of this? It's good yeah?

Favorite Answer

Been tried a couple of times. Always ended up badly.

Eventually that is where we will end up but there will always be a credit system or money. For example right now I haven't seen any cash for more than a year because I use either debit or credit cards to pay. So there is no currency but there is a credit system that allows me to get what I need according to my skills and production.

Communism and centrally planned governing has been shown to be ineffective because there is no competition. Without competition, resources end up being misallocated and also there is no incentive for people to do a good job if they will be rewarded the same.

Source(s): I have a degree in economics and have studied this idea in philosophy books too, both of which are also a hobby of mine

Your plan won't work. You have each person work according to his ability, but they get everything they need regardless of how hard they work. You have removed any and all motivation to do a good job at anything.

Honestly, this sounds like a peace rally from the 70's, I can smell the weed from here.

No.

That would be a ridiculous idea.

And there's nothing original about it.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" -Karl Mark