Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I had surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy on Wednesday, now my neck, shoulders sides and throat hurt. Why?

I'm wondering if I should go back to the doctor. I know your throat hurts a little after sugery but I have had surgery before and it has never hurt this bad and for this long. It hurts to swallow! My neck and shoulders all of a sudden got stiff yesterday (Thursday). This was a very stressful week for me loosing my baby. What is going on with my body. My nose is also stuffy and I can barely talk right.

Favorite Answer

My mum had an ectopic pregnancy, and for at least a week after her surgery, she could not move. I don't remember if she had a sore throat, but she ended up getting Narcotising Facheitus (I KNOW that I did not spell that properly). I urge you to go to your doctor.... You may just be getting a cold, but PLEASE go to your doctor. I don't mean to worry you, but I just don't want you to get any sicker.