Help!!! Ideas for bed and window treatment-Piedmont Gray?

Hi there,

I recently painted my bedroom with Benjamin Moore Piedmont Gray and thought the window treatments and the bed matched....but looking at it more and more, they are not. My furniture is oak stained with Early American colour and is compiled of a queen-sized bed, a nightstand, two dressers. The windows have white faux wood shutter/blinds from Home Depot, and the trim and doors are painted with pure white paint.

I am having trouble now finding a bed treatment, i.e. duvet cover, pillows etc. and a window treatment to go with the room....

Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

I think the problem you are having with your room is that grey has a blue undertone, and the wood in your room has a yellow undertone and they are fighting each other..to draw them together, the only thing I can think of would be a navy duvet cover with a white throw (for the end of your bed), and both white pillow covers and navy pillow covers (4 pillows) stacked up on the bed. The navy will look great with the grey and the wood, and draws them together with your white trim and window treatment..I would pick out a small furry like funky navy rug for each side of the bed too and black iron lamps on your bedside tables with white shades..that will draw all the tones and colours together and you do not need new window treatments.