goodman asked in TravelCanadaVictoria · 1 decade ago

Is it safe to walk in downtown Victoria at night?

I'm coming from Vancouver and I don't personally like walking in downtown Vancouver specially East side not even during the day. But I like to walk around the parliament buildings and the high end restaurants with a friend at night when I come there in 2 weeks. Is it going to be safe, is it really bright with police present? Is there like a shoreline or a romantic place to go?

Oh and we're blind, that's why I'm concerned about safety.

Thanks!

• knh959
    Best Answer

It's certainly safer than Vancouver's downtown east side. The area around the Legislature is well lit with lots of tourists and locals enjoying the inner harbour straight across from the Legislature area so you should encounter no problems at all. There are lots of nice restaurants in this area as well. One I would recommend is Il

Terrazo. Outstanding. As far as leaving that area, I'd suggest that you not walk north of Pandora Avenue nor east of Blanchard Street. You're getting out of the downtown core and there are a lot of street bums and druggies when you get into these areas.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words go to the link and you will see Night time strollers and Parliament Building lit up in Victoria's Inner Harbour

Is it Safe to walk around Sidney BC at night ? Thanks for the help