Was this a good thing or a bad thing ( please help if u know how to interprate speech)?

K I am applying to Harvard and I have all the requirements and great grades etc.

a haravrd admissions officer emails both myself and my guidance counsellor asking for my missing documentation

my counsellor emails back the haravrd admissions office heres what she said.

blah blah blah ( all relevenat info etc.)

(then at the bottom she adds a personal note)

My son went to Vanderbilt ......................................Davide will be a LONG way away from home if he is fortunate enough to get admission to yale. ........

at first i thought ok maybe she means that I am so determined that distance from family doesnt matter to me ( good thing). Then the more I thought about it( it sounded negative as in "dont let him in" maybe she is jealouse her son didnt achieve what i did.)

• Anna P
    Favorite Answer

Harvard or Yale? I wouldn't assume a conspiracy. The Harvard person is interested but trying to get additional information. They can tell what is real and what is noise. PS You haven't gotten in, why the "what I've achieved?" Vanderbilt is a very respectable school.

I'm confused. Your guidance counselor told the Harvard admission's officer you'd be a long way from home if you went to Yale?

Which is it, Harvard or Yale.

If she mentioned Yale on your Harvard application, it sounds like a deliberate sabotage. Any way you look at it, that is a very peculiar thing to put on someone's college application. I would show it to her superiors.

You did not give enough details.

?