Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you think there should be a death penalty for drug users?

I think there should be done. if there was the rate of drug abuse among teens would dramatically go down.

Update:

just wondering but why is everyone here so pro on drugs? you realize drugs are bad for u right?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hell no.

they should legalize it man! no joke. why should drug abuse go down? in my opinion, anyone who is dumb enough to throw their life away should be able to. freedom of choice. it would rid the world of its stupider inhabitants.

deaths in the US from alcohol related reasons- 200,000

deaths from marijuana- 0

if we give marijuana users the death penalty, then we should just kill anyone who drinks, sells, makes, or even talks about alcohol.

if you think that they need to give it the death penalty, you need to reevaluate your convictions. if you put the death penalty on anything it'll go down. why don't we make it illegal to smoke cigarettes too? then people will stop getting lung cancer and leaving their families behind? but then where does it stop?

plenty of things can kill us. but that doesn't mean they should be banned. it takes away our god-given ability to think for ourselves and make our own decisions. we should be given more rights, not have them taken away.

besides doing that contradicts the concept that if you make a mistake you should pay for it for the rest of your life. if you cheat on someone, should you not be able to date anyone else again, even after you've changed? if you steal from someone, should you be banned from owning anything ever again, even after you apologize and pay back the person you stole from?

anyone who has made a mistake should be given the opportunity to atone for it. at least the ones i mentioned actually hurts people.

how about we give the death penalty to people who rape children? that sounds like a better idea then killing off teens who are just having fun.

peace.

"Depression is the number one killer. Marijuana is the number one cure."

- A slightly uninformed doctor

btw, i think it's funny how you asked this question so that a bunch of people would be like "yeah that's a good idea." but you ended up with this.....

• Login to reply the answers
  • sara
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No! That's completely ludicrous!

I'm sorry, but there shouldn't be a death penalty for ANYONE, especially not drug users when there's rapists and murders out floating around.

And no, I'm not all pro drugs, it's just that someone that got arrested for weed is not a bad person. People that kill people are bad people.

I mean, overeating is bad for you. Should we put all the obese people to death too? That would make overeating rates go down!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"I think THERE should BE DONE." sentence is a fragment*

or maybe you should lay off the magic grass yourself....are you having a bad trip??

aawwww it will be ok. Listen the majority of "drug users" are those with issues...i.e problems that they can not/have not been able to cope with or had assistance from anyone.

You really need to come out of the narrow closet your in and open your eyes to the reality of life and the people around you.

• magoun
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hell no! There should not be a dying penalty for drug shoppers or sellers. Is there one for cigarette addicts or alcoholics? Why do you think of pot human beings who smoke are morally bankrupting this u . s . and what evidence do you have that they are? Pot is merely yet another intoxicant and between the main secure common to humankind. it incredibly is been used for hundreds of years everywhere in the globe. Marijuana facilitates those with scientific issues like glaucoma, AIDS dropping, nausea from chemotherapy, muscle spasms, etc... there's a place for marijuana. Marijuana isn't bodily addictive like opiates, benzos or barbs. do no longer believe the anti-marijuana propaganda. in case you do no longer desire to apply it, do no longer. yet do no longer you think of that killing human beings is worse than marijuana? do no longer you fee existence?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No way...The death penalty should used for the most violent severe crimes only!!.

And whats makes u think drug abuse would go down, people would still do it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

haha such a stupid idea. some murderers don't get the death penalty for their crimes and you think there should be one for drug users? what about the dealers that are actually providing the drugs?

Source(s): moron
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. I think we should legalize drugs and focus law enforcement's energies on REAL crimes, that actually hurt people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think it should be legal to use the death penalty for stupid questions on YA

• 1 decade ago

yeah, and people that grew a plant and reaped its benifits in a benign and safe enviroment would get murdered. does that make sense to you? your crazy.

• Eve
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. That's a ridiculous idea. You can't go around killing everybody who makes a mistake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.