how would you describe Iago in 'Othello"?

in act 3 scene 3, as iago convince othello of Desdemona cheating on him with cassio. how would you describe iago?

Favorite Answer

Cunning, deceiving, and intelligent. If I remember correctly, he swears by Janus, the two faced god, which is fitting because this is what Iago is like. He plays one face to Othello and the other to Roderigo. He only plants the seeds of doubt, but pretends that he is saying this information against his better judgment. Sneaky little devil.

i know what he's doing is wrong, but the way he manipulates Othello, this previously strong, leading character, is just so clever.

Iago really gets to the weakness of Othello (his jealousy) and completely exploits it. so i would describe Iago as manipulative, evil and twisted, but actually quite clever and cunning in the execution of his manipulation of Othello.

A git.

mischievous and coy

evil incarnate!!!

Source(s): I done Othello for my leaving cert!!