Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Silent Hill movie ending - WTF? *warning possible spoilers*?

Hi, I just watched Silent Hill the movie (and loved it), but i didn't get the ending at all, i mean, why was Rose and Sharons home shrouded in mist, are they dead, are they still stuck in Silent Hill, i'm so confused. Please tell me what it means.

• MTJ
    Favorite Answer

SPOILER!!!!

Okay, ALOT of people at the theatre and my friends were confused about the ending and didnt understand the movie at all (and some of them actually played the games). So just incase anyone else has had the same feelings, heres my theory:

Okay, so in the end, Rose and Sharon go back home and Rose rests in the chair...while her husband Chris is laying on the couch across from her. Only Rose/Sharon and Chris are in different "dimensions" it seems like. Well, I think that Rose and Sharon weren't exactly dead, because remember Rose said she would do "anything" for Sharon, and she made that deal with Alessa (The Deamon) so she can save Sharon. Although she was separated from life itself, she couldn't abandon her daughter since "A Mother is God in a Child's Eyes", and cause she loved her.

Now that I think about it, the ending for this movie was perfect because it opens the doors for the sequal, "Silent Hill 2 (Restless Dreams)". Remember when Chris said he would go back to Silent Hill and find out whats really going on? Well in Silent Hill 2 (the game), the main character James receives a letter from his dead wife Mary to return to Silent Hill. He returns to Silent Hill as the letter requested him to, so he can find his wife or where the letter came from. In the movie, you see that Chris senses Rose and Sharon's presence, and notices the door is open and runs outside which then the movie fades out.

Although James and Chris both had different intentions for going BACK to Silent Hill, to find their wives who are supposedly dead. the idea is pretty much similar. So again, now that i think about it, the ending was perfect for the hardcore Silent Hill fans like myself.

I got the above from a forum, hope this has helped you understand it!

Silent Hill Spoiler

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): silent hill movie wtf warning spoilers: https://shortly.im/k768W

what Jeff said

they went to the other world [silent hill] and now they returned back to their house apart of them will always remain there >> this is why sean bean's character could sense but not see them both

oh and it is a great film too

freaky the first time but afterwards just plain funny

no, they are not dead, they are trapped in silent hill dimension.the basic story of silent hill (games and movie) is a parallel reality (hell on earth).

not quite dead but trapped in the silent hill 'dimension' because you can never leave Silent Hill.

They are dead.... Basically, they died when the car crashed (as did the police woman) what they experience in Silent Hill is the afterlife there, that's why her husband & the cop don't see what Rose & Sharon see when they look for them in Silent Hill.. Great movie!

• I've only played the game, sorry. Silent Hill on PS1. I got angry and didn't finsh the game.

They died at the beginning and went to the otherside and this is not the case for the sequel but it is in the first film. It's based on the first game but is way off of what the first game ment.

• Jenova

where is Sugar to give the correct answer???

but no, they are NOT dead!!!!!!!!!!! they are fully alive and trapped in the foggy side of Silent Hill.

Source(s): Silent Hill guru