Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

MIA asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

Who criticizes Michael Moore?

Right winged conservatives? If so, why? Are they afraid of the truth?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I like Michael Moore - but he is just another talking head that leans. Truth is always found somewhere in the middle. For entertainment's sake he's fun. It's always good though to have Michael Moores and Rush Limbaughs and all the lefters and the righters with extreme opinions and insight - it opens up conversation but the really intelligent folks will know how to sort through it all to find the truth - the rest are just sheep on the left side of the pasture or the right side.

• 1 decade ago

Just about anyone with a brain I would think. I respect and admire what Michael Moore is trying to do but sometimes I don't think he gets it right. I don't think he does enough to understand the issue and get the real story. I don't think he's educated enough. I wish that he would hire the right people that could really help him make a really compelling piece so that it does bring about change, much needed change.

I'm looking forward to seeing his latest project - Wall Street. I have worked in finance, investments, and banking so I have at least some background so that I can maybe give a better critique. I wish I could help him but I've been out of it and nothing I could give would be concrete enough. There are other people that are speaking out that have the facts.

I haven't watched any of his films. I have listened to him speak - about the auto industry. That's where my opinions come from, it was from listening to him. I feel that he had some great arguments but seemed a bit short on substance. I know the substance is there. I know that he's right.

I hope someone reads this and gets what I'm trying to say.

• 1 decade ago

Equating Michael Moore with the truth pretty misguided, if you really want to know the truth.

• shebs
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

MM is not a representative of truth, and even when he portrays truth his sensationalism and obvious joy in the pain of others negates the effect of this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In a nutshell, people who can't handle the truth;

regardless of their political persuasion.

• PAULH
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I like MM very much, but you have to admit he edits his movies to make people look idiotic. I do agree with him though.

• 1 decade ago

You just said "truth" and "Micheal Moore" in the same sentence.....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! Wow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.