Why is it that on my Mozilla/Firefox browser the open tabs....?

Keep giving me the message "the server was unable to connect. Connection was reset while trying to connect"?

I didn't make any changes. I keep about 57 tabs open (because I have A.D.D. or whatever, it's not important why) and until about the end of last month, when i closed the browser i could just select the option, "save and quit" when it asked "do you want Firefox to save your tabs for the next time it starts" without any problems.

I'd close it and all the tabs would re-open the next time, without issue.

NOW, most of the time i try to open Firefox to the previously saved tabs, the tabs do not load properly.

All of the tabs open, but only a small handful actually load.

The address is listed in most of the address bars, but the message on the actual pages says "server was reset while connecting, the page could not connect"

It's not a connection problem, because it happens even when the connection is full strength.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough where it has become a frustration.

I use Window restore to fix it and doing that gets the tabs to open properly afterwords, but that too has become tedious.

Any idea why this might be happening?

I didn't change any settings and it isn't my CC cleaner either

(i thought that might be it, but took steps to ensure it wasn't)

So what the heck is going on here?

Thanks, I'll elaborate more upon request.

Again, it IS NOT a connection problem.

Favorite Answer

I was in the exact same situation as you a few months ago (except I only have about six to ten tabs open at a time, haha).

Anyway, I found out that I had browser hijackers, Trojans, and other types of viruses on my computer. Before I found out that I had those, the effects just piled up, starting with Firefox giving me the "The server was unable to connect. Connection was reset while trying to connect" error message on many of the tabs I tried to reload from previous sessions. Once I cleared them all up, Firefox and everything else was working fine again.

There's a chance that this is your problem, but it could be something else. I recommend getting Avast! Antivirus on your computer to see if that helps.

Source(s): Personal experience