Have you ever thought of an Invention or even made a new Invention?

what is it? Did you make it or is this just an idea?

Favorite Answer

Interesting question. I am an inventor and there is a big misconception about Ideas being Inventions. The only way you can legally protect an invention is by having an actual working prototype. You can file for a provisional patent to protect your idea for 12 months to give you time to create a prototype and see if it is worth the time and effort to continue moving further. A provisional patent costs ~$200 and a full utility patent on average costs $15,000.00.

Vet an idea before you spend time making it. If you have a lot of good ideas run them through some analysis and get feedback from others. If the "idea" is great, then have a prototype designed and built. With that, you may be able to get funding to produce and sell your invention from an entrepreneur/investor or a licensing deal from a large company.

I hope that helps!

Source(s): 10 years of successful inventing.

Yes I have and what I learned.

My invention was a device to remove water from large ammonia refrigeration systems. I didn't bother with a patent but instead sold them for $10k each to companies like pillsbury, IBP, and several other large ffod companies that need refrigeration.

The patent takes years and cost mucho$$.

And for some things is water tight. But most inventions can easily be improved and that ends that.

Product liability is insurance is also to be avoided, unless you invented a sponge or something no one can get hurt with.

But I found there are many people out there that if you gave them a bowling ball & a feather. They could somehow manage to break that bowling ball!