Dodd, Christopher J. (D-CT)

Dorgan, Byron L. (D-ND)

Feingold, Russell D. (D-WI)

Inouye, Daniel K. (D-HI)

Leahy, Patrick J. (D-VT)

Lincoln, Blanche L. (D-AR)

Mikulski, Barbara A. (D-MD)

Murray, Patty (D-WA)

Obama, Barack (D-IL) ( roland burris now )

Reid, Harry (D-NV)

Salazar, Ken (D-CO)

Schumer, Charles E. (D-NY)

Wyden, Ron (D-OR)

plus special elections in delaware and new york ? to replace clinton and biden i think . plus maybe ted kennedys new england seat .

republicans

Bennett, Robert F. (R-UT)

Bond, Christopher S. (R-MO) ( to retire )

Brownback, Sam (R-KS) ( retiring )

Bunning, Jim (R-KY) ?

Burr, Richard (R-NC)

Coburn, Tom (R-OK)

Crapo, Mike (R-ID)

DeMint, Jim (R-SC)

Grassley, Chuck (R-IA)

Gregg, Judd (R-NH)

Isakson, Johnny (R-GA)

Martinez, Mel (R-FL) ( not running again )

McCain, John (R-AZ) ?

Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)

Shelby, Richard C. (R-AL)

Specter, Arlen (R-PA)

Thune, John (R-SD)

Vitter, David (R-LA)

Voinovich, George V. (R-OH) ( retiring )

which senate seats are in play come 2010 ? and did i miss any other senators who plan to retire/ not run by 2010 ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
  • 1 decade ago

I think Ohio, Missouri, and Florida are in play for the democrats. Plus, i think Vitter, Thune, and Specter are vulnerable.

For the republicans, they could maybe only pickup in Illinois or Colorado. Harry Reid has pretty low approval ratings so maybe there too.

• 1 decade ago

Kit Bond (R-MO) is retiring, so his Senate seat will be up for grabs. Robin Carnahan (who's father, our former Governor, Mel Carnahan, was not-so-affectionately referred to as tax man Carnahan) has already put her bid in for it. Daddy Mel ran for Senate in 2000, but was killed in a plane crash on his way to a campaign stop. He was posthumously elected and his wife Jean took his seat...and did absolutely nothing for the state of Missouri for a little more than a year.

Roy Blunt and Sarah Steelman are projected to run on the Republican side. God, I hope one of them wins. I'm sick of Carnahans.

EDIT: LOL just saw that you had Bond up there already...we Missourians aren't used to seeing his name Christopher. He's always been "Kit" to us :D.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hope they vote REED out becauseof his dumb@$$ train going from disney land to nevade were he lives

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.