Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

why is my cat always licking my upper eye lid?

Favorite Answer

Those dust mites that live at the base of your lashes are tasty!

Actually, probably the salt, as that is an area of the body where salts aren't easily washed off, and we produce a lot of salts naturally in our tear ducts.

Why are you letting it lick your upper eye lid?

• Sabine

For salt, I should think. However you shouldn't let you cat do this. Much as we love our moggies, we also know how they keep their bottoms clean and you really don't want the wrong bacteria in your eye.

LOL! Some people are nuts here! If she does it while your sleeping she probably does it when your eyes are showing REM sleep. My cat did that. If its when your awake it is probably because she thinks its a toy. They don't blink like we do.

That is a cat's way of showing affection.

do not let a cat lick your eyes. 1x 2x maybe thats it. you could get a serious infection that way.

Cats are weird best to not try and figure them out

Because you have upper eye lid cancer.

Because it's hairy

• Jen

you do know cats lick their own butthole.....