Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

why is my cat always licking my upper eye lid?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Those dust mites that live at the base of your lashes are tasty!

Actually, probably the salt, as that is an area of the body where salts aren't easily washed off, and we produce a lot of salts naturally in our tear ducts.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why are you letting it lick your upper eye lid?

• Sabine
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

For salt, I should think. However you shouldn't let you cat do this. Much as we love our moggies, we also know how they keep their bottoms clean and you really don't want the wrong bacteria in your eye.

• 1 decade ago

LOL! Some people are nuts here! If she does it while your sleeping she probably does it when your eyes are showing REM sleep. My cat did that. If its when your awake it is probably because she thinks its a toy. They don't blink like we do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That is a cat's way of showing affection.

• 1 decade ago

do not let a cat lick your eyes. 1x 2x maybe thats it. you could get a serious infection that way.

• 1 decade ago

Cats are weird best to not try and figure them out

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because you have upper eye lid cancer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because it's hairy

• Jen
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you do know cats lick their own butthole.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.