mk asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Do you drink tap water?

Ok, so I normally drink filtered water. I filter the water, pour it into a water bottle (the aluminum kind) and bring it to school.

The thing is, I usually drink it all up by lunch time, and I get so thirsty afterwards. My school banned all vending machines (so no bottled water). they actually banned bottled water in the caf too.

the city I live in says it's safe to drink tap water. but seriously, the ppl at my school have no life and they contaminate all the water fountains. they like stick gum on the holes, or spit in it. reallllly gross.

so what should i do? i was thinking of bringing two bottles, but my bag is already too heavy.

Best Answer

If your tap water is clear, drink it. If it is cloudy or advised not to drink than don't. I live in an area where the water is 3rd in the world. I drink it. Water purification plants are astute with what they do. Read up on the quality of your local water, and how good the plant is ran. If there are few to none negative reports 10 to 1 it is fine.

Buy plastic bottles with pop tops. Then when you come home, just take the pop tops off and wash them, refill the bottles and put the tops back on.

I do it all the time and it works just fine. I don't carry them to school as I'm done with that, but there is always a bottle of water to be had in my house.

• Cutie

I usually fill mine in a sink somewhere at the school. Either a bathroom or some of the classrooms might have sinks. I know what you mean about it being gross in water fountains.

You might want to get a bigger bottle with a handle, that way you can carry it in your hand instead of your back pack.

• CPU

Keep bottles of water in your locker. If you have one that is. Or you could just buy one of those 3L bottles, might last you all day, I don't know how quickly you would finish it though. You could ask your friends to help, let them know if they can carry an extra water bottle in their backpack, since yours would be too heavy. Just an idea..

But yeah, I personally never drink water out of a fountain, I don't care how clean it "looks", doesn't mean it "is" clean.

• flower

Im sadly a water snob.There are these things called steripens.You can clean your tap water with them while your out or traveling.

http://www.steripen.com/travel/index.html

• Bella

take your own water to school, just to be on the safe side. i live in the bush and only drink rain water and when i go to town or city i take my own rain water.

• ?

How about packing a paper cup and drinking from whatever tap is handy i.e. the girls washroom.

bring two bottles

yes.