Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why Are Republicans So Afriad of Rush Limbaugh?

Rahm Emanuel (President Obama's Chief of Staff) recently said this about Rush Limbaugh: "whenever a Republican criticizes him, they have to run back and apologize to him and say they were misunderstood."

Well guess what, the RNC leader Michael Steele criticized Rush Limbaugh the other day and basically called Rush's antics "ugly" and Steele said that Limbaugh isn't the Republican party's leader.

And here's the funny part - after Rush Limbaugh went after Michael Steele, he quickly today apologized to Limbaugh and said that he was inarticulate.

Looks like Rahm Emanuel hit the nail on the head.

Update:

The reason why I asked this question here is because there are a lot of Republicans on Yahoo Answers. They seem to hang out here. Vocal minority.

Update 2:

100% agree with Sageandscholar

I would give you best answer right now if I could

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For some reason they seem to think that Rush actually holds some influence. Clearly this isn't the case after the way he embarrassed himself at the last election. He vehemently opposed McCain for the Republican nomination, McCain won; he implemented "Operation Chaos" that merely strengthened the Obama campaign; he then launched all sorts of attacks on Obama only to see this dirty politics again strengthen the Obama campaign to win by 10 million votes. In 2008 Rush went 0 for 3.

I honestly cannot think of anyone who actually deserves more credit for getting Obama elected. Republicans should be criticizing Rush - he is a massive liability to them.

• 1 decade ago

Michael Steele apologized for calling Limbaugh an "entertainer". He was right to do so, he isn't an entertainer, he is a talk show host. Although many listeners may find his commentary entertaining among other things, naming him an entertainer would be much like calling your "shero", Katie Couric an entertainer. She wouldn't like that much either, I am sure and the title is not accurate.

Now the likes of Sean Penn, Tim Robinson, etc - they are entertainers, not political analysts, commentators or even talk show hosts, but they act like they are.

Republicans don't hang out here any more than anyone else and it is one more thing that makes your statement silly. The one that acts like they might be afraid of anything Rush might say is Obama. He actually made a reference to him publicly. One might actually think he was afraid of his influence.

• 1 decade ago

It's because Michael Steele didn't prep himself well enough for an interview and made a statement that the media ran with. Republicans are not "scared" of him, and if you are listening to what Rahm is saying and taking it as the truth...you have more problems than you think. Turn off the MSM channels and venture into something not so left leaning. You might learn a thing or two and come back from the dark side.

Source(s): no, conservatism is not dead no matter how many times you say it or post it. Do you see Toto and a tornado? No? Then quit clicking your heels.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's because Rush has like a bazillion listeners and these republicans KNOW that Rush can make them unelectable if he wants to. We as republicans will call out and remove wimpy republicans who wont stand on our principles. Don't criticize Limbaugh unless you've HONESTLY listen to the man. I wish he would run for President. I'd vote for him. And as far as Rahm goes....he's nothing more than a political hack thug.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

The DemocRATS are petrified of the actuality that Rush stands for. they're afraid that they are going to be found out. Rush is the voice for the Republican social gathering. Steele is RNC Chair yet he has no longer defended the Republican social gathering. he's a Rino. i wish that BO'S rules fails besides. no longer our u . s . a ..

• 1 decade ago

Conservative Republicans are not afraid of Rush!

It is only the "moderate" Republicans that are afraid of him. They love to stay in the middle so they can get reelected. Rush calls them out on that. A moderate Republican is the same as a "Liberal" (like the three blind mice that voted for the porkulus package). We conservatives wish we had our own party, but we don't, so we must put up with these moderate Republicans. They are closer to our views than the Democrats."You can lead a liberal to the evidence but you can't make him think!" Listen to Rush and learn!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just like every thing and everyone you hear, must take with grain of salt. Some of what Rush says I agree with, some I don't. Just like anybody else.

Um, if we hang out here in our 'vocal minority'...you hang out here as well. That sounds a bit odd.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Republicans are not afraid of Rush Limbaugh, he is RIGHT! I wonder how many loony liberal counterculture misfits actually listened to Rush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't like Limbaugh, but he is the voice of the party, and if anyone gets in his way they're done, fried, and through. It's to bad one man can exact that much power over that many people. Republicans have no backbone when it comes to Rush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Occult.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.