What are some examples of diversity in the tertiary sector of an economy? HELP!?
Specifically the Nova Scotian economy, but it doesn't really matter.
Could I say things like: banks, theaters, shopping malls, public transportation, restaurants... ?
Those are all services and I guess they're diverse?
- laholly1Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Here are some excerpts from a few online articles--links are included. They aren't all from Nova Scotia, but they should give a general idea.
The tertiary sector includes:
• Cyclical Services with the sub-sectors Retail; Trade; Leisure;
Entertainment and Hotels; Media and Photography; Support Services
• Non-Cyclical Services with the sub-sectors Food and Drug Retailers
and Telecommunication Services
• Financial Services with the sub-sectors Banks; Insurance; Life
Assurance; Investment Companies; Real Estate; Speciality and Other
• Utilities with the sub-sectors Electricity; Gas Distribution; Water;
Postal Services; Recreational and Sport Facilities and Services
• Information Technology with the sub-sectors Hardware; Software
and Computer Services
• Government/Public Sector includes Local Government; Provincial
Government; National Government and Trade Unions
Branch of services Number of employees (in thousands)
1993 2003 Index 2003/1993*100
Trade 608.7 735 120.7
Entertainment and accommodation 111.7 184.4 165.1
Transport and telecommunications 384.7 360.8 93.8
Finance and insurance 64.6 94.2 145.8
Company services 1) 303.3 447.2 147.4
Public administration and defense 132.7 196.4 148.0
Education 323.9 299.8 92.6
Health and social care 263.3 285.9 108.6
Other services 158.7 167 105.2
Services in total 2,351.6 2,770.7 117.8
3. A short article, discusses tertiary sector within narrative
4. This link on Nova Scotia has a short reference to tertiary sector
5. This article makes a reference to tertiary sector in Nova Scotia
Hope these help!