Good Novels/Books - Genre, Author, Title?

Need a book to read

IM A BOY... so no romance or anything and IM 15 YEARS OLD

LIST Genre - Author - Book Title if possible

Favorite Answer

Thriller:

House of Stairs by William Sleater; several teenagers are kidnapped and locked in a white building full of seemingly endless stairs. There also seems to be no way out. It turns into a nice character study, true colors and all.

Futuristic:

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; Imagine a world where firemen start fires...they don't put them out. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors.

Horror:

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury; An evil carnival arrives at a small town....

Contemporary:

Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings; A prank results in a death; devastating, illuminating story.

Contemporary:

Blue Skin of the Sea by Graham Salisbury; Short stories about a boy growing up in Hawaii.

Sci-fi/fantasy:

Dr. Franklin's Island by Ann Halam; after crash-landing in the middle of the ocean, the only three survivors, three teenagers, find themselves stranded on an island. I think of this as an Island of Dr. Moreau retelling, but for teens.

Eragon, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Dark is Rising, Chronicles of Narnia, Series of Unfortunate Events, and Harry Potter.

I have read most books since I've had a lot of time, and these are good!

- Mary Alice Brandon Cullen Hale

I know very big name!

Harry Potter

Nailed,Cheated,Things change-Patrick jones

The pigman,the pigman's legacy,the pigman and me-Paul Zindel

The face on the milk carton series- Caroline B. Cooney (mystery)

Code orange-Caroline b. Cooney

The maximum ride series- James Patterson (sci fi/fantasy)

Dangerous days of Daniel X-James Patterson( fantasy)

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac-Gabrielle Zevin

Lord of the Flies.

• MiMi

Try reading "Uncertain" by Melissa K. Andres. It is a murder mystery and it's really good! It is available on barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com. I think you'd really like it! (There is a small love scene towards the beginning of the book but I don't think it is overpowering where a guy wouldn't like it or the rest of the book.)

THe maximum ride series is AWESOME Action/Adventure james patterson titles-the angel experiment, school's out---forever, saving the world and other extreme sports, the final warning (listed in order) or, the artemis fowl series Action/Adventure or: Daniel X Roland Smith action ;D hope this helps! best answer plzzzzzzzzzz