Good Novels/Books - Genre, Author, Title?

Need a book to read

IM A BOY... so no romance or anything and IM 15 YEARS OLD

LIST Genre - Author - Book Title if possible

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thriller:

House of Stairs by William Sleater; several teenagers are kidnapped and locked in a white building full of seemingly endless stairs. There also seems to be no way out. It turns into a nice character study, true colors and all.

Futuristic:

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; Imagine a world where firemen start fires...they don't put them out. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors.

Horror:

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury; An evil carnival arrives at a small town....

Contemporary:

Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings; A prank results in a death; devastating, illuminating story.

Contemporary:

Blue Skin of the Sea by Graham Salisbury; Short stories about a boy growing up in Hawaii.

Sci-fi/fantasy:

Dr. Franklin's Island by Ann Halam; after crash-landing in the middle of the ocean, the only three survivors, three teenagers, find themselves stranded on an island. I think of this as an Island of Dr. Moreau retelling, but for teens.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Eragon, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Dark is Rising, Chronicles of Narnia, Series of Unfortunate Events, and Harry Potter.

I have read most books since I've had a lot of time, and these are good!

- Mary Alice Brandon Cullen Hale

I know very big name!

• 1 decade ago

Harry Potter

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nailed,Cheated,Things change-Patrick jones

The pigman,the pigman's legacy,the pigman and me-Paul Zindel

The face on the milk carton series- Caroline B. Cooney (mystery)

Code orange-Caroline b. Cooney

The maximum ride series- James Patterson (sci fi/fantasy)

Dangerous days of Daniel X-James Patterson( fantasy)

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac-Gabrielle Zevin

Lord of the Flies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MiMi
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Try reading "Uncertain" by Melissa K. Andres. It is a murder mystery and it's really good! It is available on barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com. I think you'd really like it! (There is a small love scene towards the beginning of the book but I don't think it is overpowering where a guy wouldn't like it or the rest of the book.)

• 4 years ago

THe maximum ride series is AWESOME Action/Adventure james patterson titles-the angel experiment, school's out---forever, saving the world and other extreme sports, the final warning (listed in order) or, the artemis fowl series Action/Adventure or: Daniel X Roland Smith action ;D hope this helps! best answer plzzzzzzzzzz

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.