Chris M asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Team Canada's Hockey Jersey for Vancouver 2010?

Has anyone heard anything new about the status of the Team Canada Hockey Jersey for Vancouver 2010? The last I heard the IOC rejected 6 different jerseys submitted by Hockey Canada. I really liked the Team Canada Jersey from the IIHF Hockey Championship. The Red base with the white writing http://www.icejerseys.com/enlarge_flash_popup.php?...

Anyone else think this should be the new Vancouver 2010 Jersey?

• Best Answer

Nike co-owns that design, and the Olympic Jersey will be a Adidas/Reebok product in accordance with NHL preferences.

Leafsfan............the NHLPA has taken a stance that as long as their players are representing their respective nations, their players will wear what they are paid to wear. The NHLPA has decided to take a stronger stance against the IOC than Hockey Canada has. Having the Olympics in Vancouver gives both Hockey Canada and the NHL and extreme amount of leverage, and both organizations are looking at ways to utilize that increased leverage in positive ways.

Hockey Canada has already stated that they only will use NHLPA endorsed jerseys (hence Adidas/Reebok).

They are now looking for a design that benefits both themselves and Canada, as well as being acceptable by IOC standards (quite possibly an impossibility)

• I thought Nike/Bauer were Hockey Canada's partners. Does this mean Adidas/RBK have rights to all the hockey sweaters for the Olympics? Nice for them if that's the case.

What I like is how all of a sudden, the IOC gets on their high horse about this. Canada wore the now-banned logo in 1998, 2002, and 2006. It's not like they looked like some European hockey team with logos on every square inch of the pants, socks, helmet, and sweater.

Does this mean that soccer teams in 2012 won't be able to have their federation logos on their jerseys? I mean, if we're playing by one set of rules, that's gonna be problematic, in that they were all wearing federation logos in Beijing. I'm sure Brazil, Italy, Germany etc. won't mind that one bit come London 2012.

Personally, I like the old Canada Cup sweaters from '87.

http://www.topjerseymall.com

Genuinely, spend some sort of snooze as well as in Three hours, you are going to fail to remember what was asked you and also wind up at this recreation cheering for Tebow. In a nutshell, nobody loves you.

I too like the IIHF jersey. I think they should either use that, or the ones from '72.

IMO I'm glad they aren't being allowed to use the Hockey Canada log this year, it's stupid and doesn't represent our country.

Leafs fan- Nike/Bauer no longer exists. Nike sold it's hockey division back to Bauer for 200M (after they bought it from Bauer back in 1995 for 409M)

• I say use the style from '72

America Rocks! Go USA!

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A