Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

what are some easy breakfast recipes for non-cookers?

i need some ideas on what to make for my breakfast because my mom is out of town and i have no idea what to do so can you please give me an easy breakfast recipe? thank you.

Best Answer

Cheese and Herb Omelette

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room

temperature

1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, thyme, basil

or parsley-- you could use dried herbs as well

2 eggs

1 tablespoon water

Pinch of salt

Pinch of freshly ground pepper

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and herbs. Mash with a table fork until blended. Set aside.

In another small bowl, combine the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Using a clean table fork, mix together until just blended. The eggs should not be foamy.

Put the butter in a small nonstick fry pan and set over medium heat. When the butter is melted and starts to foam, swirl the pan to coat the bottom with the butter. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook until the edges begin to look set, about 45 seconds. Holding the pan steady with a pot holder, use a spatula to lift up an edge of the omelette and tilt the pan slightly toward that edge. The uncooked egg in the center will run onto the pan bottom. Continue to cook and repeat the lift-and-tilt movement 2 more times at other points around the edge.

When the center of the omelette no longer looks runny but is still moist, drop teaspoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture over half of the omelette. Slide the spatula under the other half of the omelette and flip it over the cream cheese half.

Gripping the pan handle firmly with the pot holder, hold the pan over a serving plate. Tilt the pan slightly and let the omelette slide out of it onto the plate. Serve immediately. Serves 1.

Banana Pancakes

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons sugar

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 small, very ripe banana, peeled

1 cup milk

2 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Maple syrup for serving

Sliced bananas for serving

Directions:

Cut the butter into 3 equal pieces. Put 2 of the butter pieces in a small saucepan and set the remaining piece aside. Set the pan over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a pot holder, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a fork until well blended.

Put the banana in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until almost smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla and stir with the fork until well blended. Pour the banana mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until the batter is just blended. The batter should still be a little bit lumpy.

Put a griddle over medium heat until hot. To test if the griddle is hot enough, flick a drop of water onto it. It is ready if the drop dances quickly and evaporates. Put half of the remaining butter onto the griddle and spread it with a metal spatula. Drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle, spacing them about 3 inches apart.

Cook until a few holes form on top of each pancake and the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully slide the metal spatula under each pancake and turn it over. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is puffed, 1 to 2 minutes more. Using the spatula, transfer the pancakes to a serving plate.

Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the pancakes while still hot with maple syrup and sliced bananas. Makes twelve 4-inch pancakes.

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipes Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?HKyw

2

Well, I am a chef myself, and whenever I have family from out of town stay at my place, they ALWAYS want to make their own breakfast, but I would rather die then get a scratch on my precious pans. So, I take out some eggs, cheese(What ever type you prefer, although I like cheddar) and precooked ham (From a previous occasion, or slice up already sliced ham into little squares) and have them beat 2-3 eggs per person, put it in a mircowave safe bowl, add the ham and cheese, and microwave for about 45 seconds- 1 minute. It is an easy omlette. If you are looking for an easy recipe that used a frypan, I happen to have had a delicious breakfast this morning. What I did was cut a hole out in a slice of bread, then put it in a frypan with some melted butter. Then you crack an egg in the middle of the hole, and fry the egg like you normally would, flipping once. Just be sure the bread flips with it. This is what I call a toad in a hole, and it goes off great for kids. However, I am not quite satisfied with this. What I did with it was I poured some sausage gravy over the toad in a hole. If you cant make the gravy fresh, Tennesee Pride makes one that comes in a box, and in that box is a pouch, and you just microwave it for about 2 minutes, and pour it over your breakfast. I hope I helped,

-Panda Man

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Mary

Tuna Melts - very easy to make... basically grilled cheese with however much tuna you'd like to add. BLT's - use lots of romaine lettuce (healthier than iceberg) and tomatoes and toast whole wheat bread instead of white. Vegetable soup - just heat it up and have toast or crackers & peanut butter with it. Scrambled eggs or a veggie omelet - both healthy. Toss in some peppers, spinach, or broccoli and this makes a quick, easy, & healthy meal. Frozen pizzas - There are some good ones on the market. Keep a couple in the freezer and when you're ready, add some of your own favorite toppings and pop them in the oven. You can do this with English Muffin pizzas, too.

This is really easy, and tastes good:D I hope you like eggs.

It is called 'Egg in the hole'.

You need: 1 egg

1 medium thick sliced piece of bread

butter for frying, salt, pepper

1. Cut a hole in the bread. Don`t make it to big or to small. It should be a little bigger than your fist.

2. warm up a frying pan and put butter in it. Melt it a little bit, and but the bread in side. Crack the egg, and pour it into the hole. Salt and pepper as much as you wish.

Fry until done. Enjoy!

Serves 1 person. Goes really well with some bacon xD

Source(s): My head.
  • Joann

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMS5m

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• Natal

easy breakfast recipes cookers

Pour a carton of yoghurt - any flavour - over a bowl of muesli and put in the fridge overnight. Very scrummy. Drizzle honey over before eating.

Porridge. Half a cup of porridge oats, one cup of water, a pinch of salt. Mix in bowl and put in microwave for two minutes. Take out and stir and leave to stand for 1 minute.,

Add whatever topping you like - brown sugar, bananas and honey, strawberries or any soft fruit, honey on its own, a dollop of cream and honey - the list is as endless as your imagination!

Hey sara one of my favorite breakfast is Hashbrown. for makin this you need to get two potato. then chip them and make some circle out of them. just like pancake or cookie. after that you need to boil the oil after the oil is boiled put the hashbrwons in it but be careful dont burn ur self.

Source(s): I Was hungry b4