Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and spam · 1 decade ago

How to stop SENDING spam mail?

Ok, in my hotmail I get like a whole bunch of dilivery failures.\

I NEVER sent them.

I don't know these people that I "sent" it to.

Is there any way to stop this myself?

Favorite Answer

You've been hijacked. Go to download.com, install Spybot Search and Destroy, and run a scan. Then disable your crappy MSN firewall that lets all this garbage in, go to lavasoft.com and install Zone Alarm Personal. They're both free. THEN change your password, install AVG Free antivirus, and you're pretty bulletproof at no cost.

• Lyn G

Sounds like you picked up a virus.

Immediately have your computer checked for a bug or 'bugs.'

Once it is clean of pests, install a firewall and an anti-virus program if you do not have one yet.

I strongly recommend a program for malware and adware also.

Changing your password may not be enough to secure your E-mail account again, and you may have to open a new one with a different ID name and password.

run a virus and spyware scan. aslo change your email password. thats what spyware does. it gets into your stuff and passwords. also whenever you receive a spam, be sure to go into the message and unsubscibe.

send them to spam list

Source(s): More ten pts for u if u give me answer on my question link below. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20090311060... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al8wQ... If ur from USA Don’t forget to watch TBS, Monday, Tuesday East time 9p.m ET Central time 8p.m Pacific time 6p.m Mountain time 7p.m Friday 8p.m ET, follow same for Mountain, Pacific, and Central time are giving in the top, If u don't watch it, ur missing out the fun. After watching if ur not having fun. I guess u dont know how to have fun. For real If ur not from USA area, I guess ur missing the fun, after all If ur watching, thats great. If ur not watching then give a couple min or so, while ur watching then u will see the fun. U will be laughing Stay tune, u have to be 16 or older for this show.