Operating electronics near combustible material?

If I operate a controller device near a flammable or explosive material storage tank, then surely, that control box must have a safety rating which is supposed to ensure no sparks or anything like that can occur.

What is that rating called ( I mean, like IP rating for dust and water),

and do you know a link where I can read about it? Thanks.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The key phrase to look for is "intrinsically safe". The wikipedia article has some useful links:

  • 4 years ago

    Red Gameboy Advanced SP Midnight Blue Dsi XL Pink Ds Light Cellphone

  • 1 decade ago

    Yeah I think intrinsically safe is the right word, but there are also different "standardised ratings" such as "rated for explosive atmosphere/s" in relation to being able to operate within flammable atmospheres etc.

    A good search term:

    rating rated "explosive atmosphere"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.