Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaOther - Latin America · 1 decade ago

Whats the first thing that comes to mind when I say Colombia ( not Columbia)?

Favorite Answer

If you're asking Americans, of course, the first thing you'll hear is drugs. I don't think of this though, as it's largely exaggerated. Yes, there's scumbags involved in this illegal industry, but it's popular in the United States too. The average citizen of Colombia has nothing to do with drug trade. I'll tell you what I think of when I think of Colombia though.

Colombian's are very friendly people. My Spanish teacher in my senior year of high school was one of the nicest people I've ever met. I generally think of Colombia to have large gaps of wealthy and poor though. Those who have money, live well. On the other hand, those are poor, don't have much. Colombia's had governmental problems over the years. It's still not as stable it could be. I'd say it's gotten better, but there are many people there who look to move elsewhere, whether it be to Canada, the U.S. or Europe, or other parts of South America, for better job opportunities. When I think about Colombia, I think of soccer. Although not as much as Venezuelans, they're into baseball too. Colombia's also one of the most Catholic countries in the world. They still do have many religious people, but this could change. Of course, I think of coffee, and chocholate too, which Colombia produces much of. Lastly though, I think of beautiful women. There's a lot of ethnic diversity, between European (mostly Spanish), indigenous and mixed people, so they're are many attractive people there.

only be mind-blowing; only be your self. this is challenging to be new, and the language element makes it difficult. yet in all likelihood others have it only as challenging while they are new. Then, some Colombians in all likelihood do in contrast to English conversing humans; yet others do, and that they are going to be attracted to you considering you're exciting, and prepared to study their language and customs. chortle at your self once you assert something loopy in Spanish--then they're going to comprehend which you have a humorousness and your'e happy to be there! Make acquaintances and take photographs and luxuriate in your self--see as quite some the rustic as available. this is a superb probability for you.!

Coffee

Juan Valdez

Beautiful people, beautiful accent, soap operas and sorry but Las Farc.

Drugs, Kidnapping, beautiful women.

• CJ G

bogota

DRUGS!!!!