Mike asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Please any doctor or nurse help me ?

Male 24, I have been really really sick for couple of months. I had all these tests before and well and that time Doctors diagnosed me with chem imbalance depression and Anxiety.

I haven't taken any SSRI yet as I am not convinced I have depression.

My symptoms include a lot of weakness. no energy in legs, arms and legs get heavy.fatigue, my appetite is craving for sweets and fry foods. I hate waking up in morning and sleep all day and I am up all night. I have withdrawn from everything as I feel to ill in general.

I barely go outside and this has been hapening from past 5 months.

I went to another doctor and she has ordered following tests.

Biochemistry- Glucose, TSH, Creatine, Uric Acid, Sodium, Pottasium, Chloride, CK, ALT, Bilirubin, Albumin, Cholestrol, B12, Ferritin, Urinalysis (Chemeical)

CBC

Other Tests - Si Calcium

Vit D

ESR

CRP

FOBT (Fecal Occult Blood Test)

All these Tests came out good lie nothing abnormal.

My Doctor is referring me to psychiatrist.

I mean I seriously think I dying of some mysterious illness and have lost all hope. Seriously I don't think I have depression or anxiety atall!!

I went to Cardiologist who performed several tests and said my heart is fine.

Will all these tests gave doctor a good indication if I am physically healthy.

Now I think I have some of rare disease like LYME Disease ?/??

If I had Lyme disease would it show something abnormal in above tests ?

Favorite Answer

your symptoms sound like depression. if all tests are negative and doctors say you are o k physically what have you got to lose by trying the medicine? you might just feel better. many people who are depressed feel 'sick' in their body. the medication may take some time to help and in the mean time you should see the psychiatrist or a counselor. think how lucky you are to have all the tests tell you that you are healthy. you are not alone.

Source(s): 20 yrs. as psych nurse.

Look up fibromyalgia. Sounds like you may have some of the symptoms going on.