Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 1 decade ago

i need help with my father (well he iks not my father excpet for the dna thingy) but idk what to do!!!!!?

ok..well....he has been in and out of my life since i was born...he was gone before iwas born..and doesnt pay child suppport. (gonna sue him when imn 18) ok anyway and like he lives 3 provinces away from me..i dont know excacly where he lives and idont have a phone # but lately he has been trying to act like my father,but he is jsut making things worse in my life. i dont know what to do anymore...somedays i want him around and other i just want him to leave me alone!!!!!!!!! oh ya im 14!!!!! idk wat to do...help me!!!!!!

Marley....i no i dont know wat i want but really that is y i need help ...an doplease dont say that i dont know anything caus im only 14 it is a little rude!!

ok ya..i ahve already told him how i feel about it and he just ignores me pretty much...and i have given him like 50 last chances!!!1

well ruby slippers......thanx for ur help but he has tried to be in my life since i was born..and he has had the money to pay child support....i no for a fact.....like idk anymore its really complicaterd!!!!!1111111111

Favorite Answer

Have you talked to your mom about this yet? If not, that should be your first action to do. If you have, then you need to decide how to handle the situation. You can tell him you want him in your life when you're interested in it or you can tell him that you don't see it working out.

It sounds like he is a father to you when it is conveniant for him which could lead to bigger problems later on. I think you should get his phone number, address, or another way to contact him and tell him that when you are ready you will contact him. That way you have the control over it and it can't effect your life.

How is he trying to act like your father? And how is he making things worse in your life? But you don't know where he lives or his phone number??

Just because he hasn't been around before doesn't mean for sure that he's a bad person to have in your life. Maybe now he's trying, and you could think about giving him a little bit of a chance. Just give it some time and see how it goes. Maybe you won't end up being close to him, but you don't have to cut him off right away and get him to leave you alone!

So far as child support goes, well, he probably should have been paying it, but maybe he didn't have the money. Do you know? Anyway, your mom should be dealing with child support. It's not your job to sue your dad!

Well because some days u want him around, maybe u should give him a chance. A part of you may hate him because he was never there for you and your mom, and that is normal for you to feel this way. If a part of you feels like you want to get to know him, then go for it.

I was 15 when i first REALLY spent time with my father, and it was against my will. My mom made the choice to have me live with him for a year. I personally didnt like the experience but i dont regret having the opportunity to get to know who he REALLY was.

Not everyone has the chance to see their father, so when you do you should take it.

So he's trying to make things right, give the guy a chance, and have a talk with him and make him compromise to pay child support if he really loves you.

Give him this one last shot. Tell him this is his one last shot and if he screws it up that's it. If it doesn't work then explain to him that he is dead to you from now on. That way he has the opportunity to do better and if he doesn't he has no one to blame but himself.

talk to him tell how you feel. he should never have done you the way he has. just because things didnt work between him and your mom. that didnt give him a reason to abadon you

Wait how does he act like your father, does he know where you live?

Maybe you should try listening?

you need to stand him up. talk to him. the only way that he is going to get it through his head or even know hwat he is doing is if you tell him. tell him you have a problem with him or something just talk to him.

well i think you are better off with out him because you should not be around him if he is going to send you on an emotional roler coaster and im 14 too

you have to tell him that you would rather not have him in your life. tell him that he had many chances and he blew it.

:)