Seniors how many of you would consider going on a "dental" tour?

If there was a tour, to China, to get your dental work all done, at less than 1/10th of what it would cost you here, would you be interested? Even with the cost of the tour you would save a helluva lot of money.

European and US trained dentists, painless procedures.

Whatever they use also did away with Firbomyalgia and Arthritic pain for several day. I was told it was a "European technique", doesn't involve any freezing, my mouth was never frozen, and absolutely no pain during or after !

Everything completely sterile.

I had about 10 root canals and crowns, and a bridge done for $2800.00 Cdn, saved myself over $30,000.00 Cdn. and they managed to make the existing crowns I had done years ago look better !!

You could get the work done, have a nice little holiday and adventure, the cherry trees will soon be blooming, great shopping !

I am NOT selling a tour, I am wondering if there is an interest in one?

I paid $7000.00 for one small bridge and three crowns in Canada and the dentist was a friend and did it at his cost, he didnt take a fee.

And that was years ago ! I would say about 1998

Assume with careful planning airfare would be about $1300 return. Group purchase.

Favorite Answer

i think it's a good idea. i have my dental treatment done in Goa, India at a fraction of the cost it would be in England.

I've had 2 implants already, an extraction & clean ups. my friend is a dental nurse so she checked the equipment/hygeine & it's all tip top & hi tech.

Living in the US I would think the Mexican border towns to be a much better deal. Recently two of my friends had significant work done in Naco (Agua Prieta) at a fraction of the cost compared to American dentist. I checked rates on a Nogales, Sonora dentist, while there I couldn't believe how many American citizens were in the waiting room. I think anywhere that offers quality dental work for a real price should be on the tour. By the way, 2008 I was just quoted $15,000.00 to get my teeth completely fixed by a Tucson AZ dentist, and I don't have cavities, just spaces and missing teeth:)=

There was an article recently (UK).someone had dental work done there,not sure whether he was on holiday or decided to go there and take a chance.

His account was very favourable. First class amenities and dentistry and to his surprise,very little complicated paper-work. A fraction of what it would have cost here if he'd gone private. I'm not sure why he couldn't have it done on NHS unless it was 'waiting time'

I would think it may cost £600 at least to get there from UK,so Doubt I would

I'm 58 and I'll take any senior discount I can get. I think the 50 thing might have come about because there are so many people retire between 50 and 55 now.

• nanny

Airfare would be expensive. Are the countries closer that have as good a reputation? Maybe in europe?

When I was ill a few years ago the French doctor was very good and the doctor's fee and the prescription were both very inexpensive.

Brazil has the market cornered for plastic surgery as I understand.

Just spent £660 on a dental bridge and that will have to do me for the next 10 years...

I don't need any more dental work, I have a lovely pair of pearly white nashers, and they are a lot better than the ones I had.

i have heard of this before and am so glad you had such a good experience with it. It is amazing how the cost can differ so greatly from country to country.

• kyra k

interesting idea! i believe ive subsidised my dentists last 4 vacations and 2 of his houses! i'd like to get off this merry-go-round....

I wouldn't trust the Chinese to work on my teeth. I'd probably get home and discover that my entire mouth had been ' recalled '...!