What book should I read?

So, I'm a girl. Some series that I liked are the Sword of Truth, Harry Potter and the Song of Ice and Fire (i just finished the 1st book). What else should I read?

P.S.

Please, no Twilight or vampire suggestions.

Favorite Answer

Read The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. It is truely a great read.

Here's a description:

Twenty- four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

.........................................

Also, you might like Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

Here's a description(I hand typed it because I couldn't find it online, so any typo's are mine. Without further ado, the description:

His eyes. Kasta had never seen such eyes. One was silver and the other, gold. They glowed in his sun-darkened face, uneven, and strange. She was surprised that they hadn’t shown in the darkness of their first meeting. They didn’t seem human…

Then he raised his eyebrows a hair, and his mouth shifted into the hint of a smirk. He nodded at her, just barely, and it released her from her spell. Cocky, she thought. Cocky and arrogant, this one, and that was all there was to make of him. Whatever game he was playing, if he expected her to join he would be disappointed.

In a world were people born with an extreme skill-called a grace- are feared and exploited, Kasta carries the burden of a grace that even she despises: the grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him.

When she first meets prince Po, who is graced with combat skills, Kasta has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po’s friend.

She never expects to learn the truth behind her Grace—or the terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.

Also, I just finished an awesome book called Hawksong, by

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

Here's a description:

DANICA SHARDAE IS an avian shapeshifter, and the golden hawk’s form in which she takes to the sky is as natural to her as the human one that graces her on land. The only thing more familiar to her is war: It has raged between her people and the serpiente for so long, no one can remember how the fighting began. As heir to the avian throne, she’ll do anything in her power to stop this war—even accept Zane Cobriana, the terrifying leader of her kind’s greatest enemy, as her pair bond and make the two royal families one.

Trust. It is all Zane asks of Danica—and all they ask of their people—but it may be more than she can give.

I hope I helped, but if you don't like the sound of any of those then try this:

These links take the guess work out of choosing a book; they will match you and your preferences to a book that covers what you like to read about.

Enter a book you like and the site will analyse its database of real readers' favourite books (over 32,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

http://www.gnod.net/

http://www.allconsuming.net/

Good luck finding a book, and happy reading!

~Clarkie

The Time Travelers Wife- Audrey Niffenegger

The Power of One- Bryce Courtenay

The Book Theif- Markus Zusak

Source(s): Life, and great teachers who are now friends
  • amo

a number of those are from woman perspectives, some may well be slightly "girly female" to your liking yet others ought to be ok. i've got left the two type on and you will come to a determination. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at putting Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers instruction manual to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the jewelry / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) searching for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary group) Sisterhood of the traveling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp interior the South; unfavorable guy's Orange; Missus (Trilogy by Ruth Parks) the place the middle is (Billie Letts) My place (Sally Morgan) Little women (Louisa might Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) the three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) something by the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen in spite of the fact which you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

of coursre my first suggestion would be twilight (sorry) but if u want it would be a good idea to try it maybe the chronicles of narnia or maybe R. L. stine books he is good with horror, U could try a series of unfortunate events books, i read coraline and that was good:) i also read joey pigza swallowed the key, and that was good too. in my english class we read "the night swimmers" which was ok it was like a realistic fiction about a girl named retta who has to take care of her younger sibling when her mom dies. some others r:

wolf brother

the golden compass :) my friend luved it

shakespeares secret

the host

little women (im reading it u can never go wrong with the classics even though honestly so far it just OK)

withering heights

i hope i helped:)

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, May Bird, Warriors, Seekers, The Last Apprentice

the Eragon series

the maximun ride series

NArnia