Bottled or tap water?

So, now that they have discovered all of these different traces of chemicals in tap water i was wondering, what to drink, tap or bottled?

I have been drinking filtered tap water but i know that filter doesn't take out everything, but bottled water also has the whole deal with the plastic contamination.

does anyone know which one would have less chemicals in it?

Favorite Answer

It really depends on where you live. Tap water is processed differently depending on the specific challenges in your area. Find out from your local water company what filtering process they are using, and what residual disinfectant. Bottled water is really bad for the environment, and it is sometimes just bottled tap water in the first place, so you should try to avoid it. If you do drink bottled water, don't let the bottles heat up or get exposed to sunlight.

Not to mention, bottled water is monitored by the FDA, which is notoriously lame and often lets problems slip through. Usually, tap water is much more closely regulated. I think the EPA is in charge of it.

Source(s): Environmental engineering class

Most bottled water IS tap water (unless it says that the source is a spring). Dasani and Aquafina are 2 of the more popular bottled waters, and they are plain tap water (it may have been filtered, but I doubt it)

id choose tap if i were u. its a waste of money paying for more and more water bottles and tap water is fine. it wont hurt u or anything with chemical things.

tap water i prefer

tap. if you are that concerned, get a filter installed on a faucet.

personally, I think that tap is basically the same AND cheaper

tap

bottled for me plzz