Should Canada pull out of Afghanistan?

Four Canadian soldiers were killed and eight others were injured Friday in two separate bombings in Afghanistan, Canada's top general in the country said.

It was one of the deadliest days for Canada since its Afghan mission started in 2002.

My question is what is the Canadian army doing there any way?

It has no reason to invade Afghanistan, I guess.

Best Answer

afghans see NATO troops as occupiers,

Taliban is just waiting for NATO to leave and they're back in business,

we should give back their country and let them do whatever they want

wars are useless and those soldiers are dying in vain

I do not like the thought of losing our soldiers but what they are doing there is good. Canadian troops need to stay.

To vinceasa - You are pretty ignorant if you thought Canada had no army.

Canadian Forces are serving in Afghanistan as part of a NATO operation. Canada was one of the founding nations of NATO, and has served in every one of its missions since 1949.

More importantly, Canadians believe in freedom and are behind the mission to expand human freedom in Afghanistan and everywhere on the face of the globe.

The brave men and women of Canadian Forces do not favor a pullout, why should you?

No, we had no reason to go in. But we do have a reason to stay.

The Canadian military is in there to provide stability and to build up and train the Afghan army to take our place when we do leave. They are not ready yet, but are getting closer. When we have confidence in the Afghans to fight the war themselves, we can leave. Until then we should stay there building roads, schools, hospitals, and training Afghan security forces.

EDIT: Incidentally, I would rather fight them here. At least then we have the home turf advantage.

• lutz

Its troublesome to assert at present because of the coming elections and such politicians will say alot of issues at present. even if with the present first casualties to Quebecs regiment, the Vandoos, you ought to even see some serious sway from Quebec to back out and that ought to o.k. be the figuring out ingredient. even if if the hype over that dies down and casualties arent sustained for awhile you ought to be sure Canada staying there lengthy after 2009 because the job there wont be executed till lengthy after that.

Canada's troops are in Afghanistan as part of the coalition led by the US. I would like Canada to continue to help the US in Afghanistan. I don't think they should pull out because of these attacks. It would look cowardly.

Yeah they might as well. The only one making out from canada's presence in Afghanistan is Mark Emery anyway.

• I don't know, I worry about Americas soldiers too.

Obama was on a comedians show last night and I wondered if anyone was going to die while he was telling distasteful jokes.

I don't think he's putting a lot of thought into winning the war.

Yes.

Canada and the UK too should pull out of Afghanistan.

No because that is exactly what the terrorists want the west to do is pull out.

Canada is there along with other countries to aid USA to fight the terrorists over there so we do not have to fight them over here.

Canada cannot be a coward country like France.