Why is Israel allowed to maintain nuclear weapons, and all other countries are frowned upon.?

Israel maintains a nuclear arsenal that they deny they have, they sit on the security council yet all other counties are dumped on when they mention nuclear weapons.....

Update:

The US and UK don't deny having them

Update 2:

Listen people I was not talking about giving Iran The bomb

Update 3:

That would be like saying we should pick up where hitler left off. I don't believe we would any of it......

Update 4:

Sticks and stones Mac

14 Answers

Relevance
  • darkAI
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The other countries on the security council have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, while Israel has not. Same applies to Pakistan and India.

I can assure you, there's no reason to worry about Israel's nuclear arsenal. There's only one reason Israel holds it and I think it's pretty obvious when looking at this map of its hostile neighbors:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/images/arabwor...

Survival.

There's no excuse for any other country to develop nuclear weapons at the time. No other country has neighbors, which easily outnumber them, proclaiming this country should be destroyed. Israel has. Israel had nuclear weapons for over 35 years and it has never used them, not even when Egypt and Syria almost defeated and conquered Israel in 1973. So how about you stop worrying about it and focus on something more important - Like Darfur?

Edit: Regarding what michael w wrote - Israel has never denied or admitted having nuclear weapons, thus, it never lied about it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

all the special pleas in favour of ISRAEL are typical of the double-speak that the rich and powerful indulge in to suppress the weak. in the unipolar world where USA rules, no justice between nations need be expected. isreal was gifted with the bomb when USA thought it would threaten the 'soft underbelly' of the then Soviet Union. israel used the threat of it to dominate the muslim neighbours around it. and israel is not the most tyrranical nation in the world, lawless, an international outlaw, buyt the protege of the equally lawless and arbitrary USA>

• 4 years ago

If the different countries interior the middle East have been friendly and not helping terrorists who think of it quite is their pastime to wreck the US, then there'd be no challenge with them having Nuclear weapons. although that may no longer the case- Israel seems to the be in basic terms u . s . over there that we are able to believe. bypass Minnesota by the way. You betcha

• 1 decade ago

My my what a juicy propaganda piece.

a) Israel never denied having a bomb. They just never confirmed they have it.

b) India, China, Pakistan (or Russia and US for that matter) never asked anyone's permissions to maintain nuclear weapons. It is not something countries are "allowed" to have - they just get them. Or don't get them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Israel are as usual lying when they state the do not have atomic weapons. If this was the case why did they imprison Mordechai Vanunu for 18 years 11 of which in solitary for giving the British press details of Israel's intentions He converted to Christianity and for this suffered more persecution from his fellow Jews. He has even been nominated for the Nobel Peace prize every year from 1988-2004. Yes Israel are liars and not very nice people. Even their government are no saints when Ehud Olmert is facing possible charges for fraud and ex President Moshe Katsav is facing rape charges. nice lot ?

• 1 decade ago

israel supposed to have nukes since the early 50s and havent threatened to use them on anyone. you cant say the same thing on iran.

• Lilac
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Because israel was created within Arabian stolen lands, and it's so obvious that they want even more land for jewish people from all around the world to live in.

And since they don't want the Arabs to try and have their lands back, the israelis own the (bingo) weapons and cost the USA billions & billions each year plus poor reputation in the Islamic world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because Israel,having the nuclear weapons for more than 40 years,has never threaened to use it,even in the defensive war,"to wipe " some other country,even her deadly enemies ," off the map".

The nuclear weapon is not something to allow to have to such rabid dogs as Akhmadinejad.

• 1 decade ago

The worlds not a very fair place,roll on 2012.I hope its a really big rock!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because Israel would be sensible in useing a nuclear bomb.Unlike Iran who would use it just to kill jews.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.