Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Of all the Canadian soldiers who have died in Afghanistan, were any of them openly gay?

i'm gay and so i was just wondering if any gay soldiers had been killed.

jeez! is it a crime to ask a question of curiosity!?

Best Answer

As those people who are in charge of statistics claim that one in ten men is gay, whether they are open about it, or not, I would speculate, based on those stats, that the odds are good a few of the soldiers have been gay. Not that it would matter one iota.

most likely, i know with US troops being gay causes a ruskus and they will keep it on the dl... but i know for a fact that gay men serve for the US and have also died. The US navy gets a rep. for having the most quietly gay members....

• Randy

None that I know of and I've been involved with a number of the repatriations. But then again, when a soldier dies overseas there are normally more important things then that to discuss about someone.

ETA: Yes, you asked it and people have given you the appropriate answers.

if they were OPENLY gay wouldn't u already know they were gay ?

• ziggy

no did not hear anything about any being gay.

hi tyler ,hey it all cool don't let the haters hate on u ok ,well i think its a no tell don't ask kind of way u know ,so lets talk some times ok am looking forward to ask u some thing ok so e-mail me an let me know if ur cool with this ok bye my friend

what difference would that make