Info on Continental Divide in Montana or Wyoming?

Your Question

Does anyone know where in Montana you can actually see a river split at the continental divide? near Butte?

Im gonna be travelling through northern Wyoming or western Montana on the way into B.C. Canada, and was wondering if there is anywhere near there where you can actually observe the water flowing in two different directions? maps? highways? locations? I remember somewhere much further south (probably in Colorado or New Mexico) where I stood in the middle of a river right at the junction watching the water flow one way to the Gulf of Mexico and the other flowing to the Pacific ocean. Any info would be wonderful thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Apparently North Two Ocean Creek, the "Parting of the Waters" National Natural Landmark in Teton County, Wyoming.

http://www.nature.nps.gov/nnl/Registry/USA_Map/Sta...

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/9907/2OP...

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

definite Canada ought to get yet another team. while the Canadian a million/5 of the communities is making a million/3 of the gross revenues and a minimum of a million/2 of the submit lockout NHL gross revenues growth has been tied to the upward push in cost of the Canadian dollar it basically makes person-friendly experience. That being mentioned i think of the NHL desires to objective out some American markets that would desire to be extra workable... As for who might desire to be moved, the ny Rangers are killing the Islanders and Devils in revenues and gross revenues because of the fact they're to centred. With the devil's checklist over the final numerous years there is somewhat no excuse for his or her checklist. Florida and Tampa Bay are too centred besides and the Lightning kill the Panthers in revenues and gross revenues. Carolina hasn't grown even with a cup and an excellent team, Nashville is basically a multitude and that i do no longer see Atlanta going everywhere (it fairly is there 2d probability too) As for potential canadates for an NHL franchise southern ontaio (hamilton, london, missasauga, and so on) because of the fact there is sufficient of a fanbase and the only way the Leafs will ever get extra beneficial is that if there is opposition for his or her gross revenues. Halifax may be good for Canadian city, besides. the city is giant sufficient and it would have a help base of all the maratime provinces which mixed have an excellent sufficient financial gadget to hold a team mutually. Winnepeg has shown that it has matters yet ordinary with the final stadium you could desire to get an excellent franchise. As for American cities i think of Oaklahoma city, Salt Lake and Portland deserve a shot at a team. all of them have a decently sized section to create a fanbase... Oaklahoma has shown increadable franchise donning means with the Hornets and for some reason I definitely have heard they're keen on hockey. Salt Lake is a superb mountain reigon with a hockey climate that would desire to draw a lot of supporters and Portland is a superb US hockey city. To sum up flow: New Jersey Devils, ny Islanders, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Carolina Hurricanes, Atlanta Thrashers to: southern ontario, halifax, winnepeg, oaklahoma city, salt lake, portland oh and Betman desires to be fired.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.