Can someone please tell me why the sky is blue?

I know it sounds like a stupid question and I really dont need this for anything, but i would like to know. I mean, it's like totally not blue when we look around, but then when we look up everything is blue and it looks like a layer of blueness, but it isn't.

I just really wanted to kno. Cuz i mean .. .. .. ya. dude: i like your pic. uuh, i don't kno just answer the best you can.

ooh. and the God made it that way doesn't help much, thanx anyways! <3

(-:=:-) Siamese twins!

Favorite Answer

Rayleigh scattering. When light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air. Much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

• dude

The chemical makeup of the atmosphere bends light to the blue range of the electromangetic spectrum..

the sun reflects the ocean blue making the sky blue

Because God made it that way