how do i tell my dad im dating/interested in girls?

is it any easier with moms i want to have a good conversation with my parents

Favorite Answer

It might feel uncomfortable to think about talking to your parents about this, but it really shouldn't be. I can't speak for you and your relationship with your parents, because that will be different for everyone, but they were both in the same boat as you not too long ago. Chances are anything you might want to talk to them about is something they talked to their parents about when they were your age.

Do you have any older siblings? If so, ask them how they brought up these types of questions with your mom and dad.

Good luck :)

• i + i

Unless you guys don't live together, he already knows. You could start the conversation with a couple casual questions, like asking him at what age did he start dating or what he did on dates when he was your age. Yes, it is definitely easier with moms ;-)

• Belle

Just be honest about it. Let them know that they have taught you right from wrong and that you are responsible enough to be trusted to date. Well this all of course depends on how old you are.

my parents are really wierd about that, i cant even point out a cute guy, she would probably flip, and my dad doesnt understand dating, but most parent i know are totally fine with it