Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did the US reject Nazism or fully embrace it?

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

I Like this quote I dislike this quote“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

I Like this quote I dislike this quote“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

I Like this quote I dislike this quote“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

All of the quotes above are from the Nazi Joseph Paul Goebbels

Do you see any similarities between his thoughts and the actions of the media and government of today ?

Update:

Does this sound familiar ?

Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

Joseph Paul Goebbels

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"patriot" act, torture camps - yeah they love it

• 1 decade ago

The quote about war... that was Hermann Goering, not Joseph Goebbels. Julius Caesar expressed similar sentiment. It's old news.

Nazism is only one form of collectivism. US Americans have rejected Nazism, but have embraced other forms of collectivism.

• 1 decade ago

The Conservative movements supports it wholeheartedly and the Republican Party supports it through complicity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Let me see, which side did we fight with in WW2, oh yeah against the Nazi.

As for those 2 quotes. They have been posted here ad naseum for the last 7 years or more. Seems you are the one using those tactics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TJ9
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

We rejected it. We wouldn't be debating this question if we did.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To respond to your question and not to your polemic - No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.