Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

I wanted to ask about the 73 fiqs.?

If only one will go to heaven and the rest in hell. are the rest in hell forever? or do they spend their time in hell and then go to heaven. I'm actually afraid of this answer. please tell be it's the second thing and that all muslims end up in heaven.

!!! You are the best sis !!! I am wondering if people don't like me here cause your the only one who answers my questions or momin (he did once for my first question with the brick) But ya i really do wonder if i'm disliked here.

@ Jesus

Same here. everyone has the right to believe what they want and i think people should live and let live. Like all religions talk about peace and harmony and are guidelines to how we can live with each other in this world happily. Also we muslims repect and love Isa(as) (Jesus) it's just that we believe him to be a messenger not a god. But everyone has the right to their own opinions and we should listen and understand others and doing so doesn't mean you believe the person or should believe the other person's opinion but what you should take in account for what they have said and make what you must of it.

@sis aww ty i know my questions are always such a pain. and i'm suprised that this whole page isn't filled with my questions lolz i'm pacing myself. Testing the waters.

@Adeeb

ey bro! I just wanna know did my answer help you a lil bit. It must be tough for you. I know it is for me but i keep busy with playing sports lolz wat else can i do?

@byeee lolz ya but thats because sis and momin got it right. omg they are so amazing. but lolz i'm kinda suprised that u like me. i had the feeling that everyone somewat dislike me because of my contradictive, long and the reverse questions i ask. But u all should know i'm young and i am learning Islam from many different cultures,ways and stuff. my family is very mixed because they don't believe in same denomination marriages, they allow anything as long as it is allowed in Islam.

Best Answer

The Ulemaa have answered this question:

Question:

What is the meaning of the following Hadith:

"My Ummah will be divided into 73 sects. All if them will be in the Hell-Fire except for one sect.”

Who is that sect? And will the seventy-two sects live forever in Fire, as the Mushrik will or not? And does the term Ummah of the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam apply to those who follow him as well as to those who do not, or is it to the former only?

Answer:

What is meant by the term Ummah in this Hadith is the Ummah of response which shall be divided into seventy-three sects; seventy-two of which are deviant who practice innovated religious practices that do not constitute apostasy. Each shall be tortured in accordance to its innovations, and deviation, except for those whom Allaah pardons, and forgives. Their final abode will be Paradise. The only sect that will be safe is Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah, who adhere to the Sunnah of the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and hold fast to what he and his Companionship, may Allaah be pleased with them, were holding. It is they about whom the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: “ “A group of my Ummah shall remain steadfast, on the truth, victorious, unharmed by those who oppose them, and do not support them, until death or until the Day of Resurrection.” (Al-Bukhaari nos.71, 3641 no.1920

As for those whose innovation casts them out of Islaam, they belong to the Ummah of invitation (mankind at large) not the Ummah of response. They shall remain in Hell-Fire forever, and this is the most valid opinion.

It is also said that the term ‘Ummah’ in this Hadith means the Ummah of invitation, which is a general term including all those to whom the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam was sent (i.e. mankind) those who believe and those who do not believe. Whereas the term ‘the safe sect’ is the Ummah of response, which strictly applies to those who believe in the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam, trustfully, and die on this condition. This is the sect that will be safe from Fire; either by prior punishment or without prior punishment and their final abode will be Paradise.

As for the seventy-two sects (in the second opinion) they are all, excluding the saved sect, disbelievers who will live forever in Fire. Hence, it is clear that the Ummah of Da’wah, is more general in connotation than the Ummah of response. That is to say, whoever belongs to the Ummah of response, belongs to the Ummah of invitation, while not everyone of the Ummah of invitation belongs to the Ummah of response.

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts

Fatawa Islamiyah, vol.1, p.20, DARUSSALAM

• Asalamualikum sister ...

No, but all "Mu'mins" go to Heaven.

A Muslim can just be a Muslim by name, and not have an ounce of Iman.

But all Mu'mins (those with Iman) are promised to enter Heaven eventually, even if they had the tiniest amount of Iman in their hearts. If a person had lived a corrupted lifestyle, but had said the Kalimah just once with sincerity in his lifetime, he has a chance to enter Heaven someday.

None of us are free from sins, that's why we should always repent and ask Allah for forgiveness. The doors of repentance are open as long as we are alive and breathing in this world.

Edit: awwww thanks sweetie .. only me thats not it .. u r such a sweetheart .. how can people not like u .. i dont know about others .. but i sure like u a lot .. i am still on the story hunt .. :(

Eventually ALL people will go to Paradise. According to a very well known Hadith, Hell will be emptied out. It is narrated through 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, may Allah be pleased with him:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I know the last of the inhabitants of Fire to be taken out therefrom, and the last of the inhabitants of Paradise to enter it. A man will come out of the Fire crawling. Then Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, will say to him: Go and enter Paradise. So he would come to it and it would appear to him as if it were full. He would go back and say: O my Lord! I found it full. Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, would say to him: Go and enter Paradise. He would come and perceive as if it were full. He would return and say: O my Lord! I found it full. Allah would say to him: Go and enter Paradise, for there is for you the like of the world and ten times like it, or for you is ten times the like of this world. He (the narrator) said: He (that man) would ask: Are You making fun of me? or Are You laughing at me, though You are the King? He (the narrator) said: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) laugh till his front teeth were visible. And it was said: That would be the lowest rank among the inhabitants of Paradise.

Every muslim accepting the unity of Allah and propethood of Muhammed SAW will go to heaven.But if their sins are greater value,they will have a punishment for them.Allah knows best.

I don't dislike you, most of the time I get to your question, you already had the best answer, so I don't feel writing. I click on the thumps up for which I find best and move along.

The Holy Quran says in [3:103]

"And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited, and remember the favor of Allah on you when you were enemies, then He united your hearts so by His favor you became brethren; and you were on the brink of a pit of fire, then He saved you from it, thus does Allah make clear to you His communications that you may follow the right way."

Abu Sa-id Khudri reports that he heard the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W) saying:

"I leave behind me, among you, two ropes. If my people hold fast to these two ropes, after me, they shall not go astray. They are the book of Allah, hung from the heaven unto the earth, and my Ahl ul Bayt. One of them is greater than the other. Be it known that these two shall never be separated from each other; and joined together, they shall meet me at the spring of Kawthar." (Tafsir Kabir and Durr al Manthur)

The other similar declaration of the Holy Prophet, known as hadith al thaqalayn, has been mentioned on page 6.

The Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W) has also said:

"My Ahl ul Bayt, among you, are like the ark of Nuh. He who sails on it will be safe, but he who holds back shall perish."

In Minhaj al Sadiqin it is written that once, Jalut, the chief rabbi, along with some of his very learned disciples, came to Ali ibna abi Talib to prove that Islam was not a true religion of God.

The first question Ali asked was:

"Do you know the number of sects the followers of Musa were divided into after his departure?"

"I will have to refer to the book", he replied.

"You are a rabbi, yet do not know what is written in your book. What will you do if your book is lost?" Ali asked.

Jalut referred to his book and said that there were 45 sects.

"You are wrong. I know the Tawrat and the Injil. The followers of Musa were divided into 71 sects, out of which only one is on the right path. Also the followers of Isa were divided into 71 sects, out of which only one is on the right path. The followers of our prophet will be divided into 73 sects, out of which only one will be on the right path and the rest will be among the losers."

Earlier the Holy Prophet had also said the same about his and Musa's followers. When asked as-to which sect of his followers is on the right path, he put his hand on the shoulder of Ali and said:

"This man and his descendants and their followers." Then he recited this verse.

.

Perhaps maybe you should have a look at the following on this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsIJJ...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ap24Z...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqNGs...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200808...

I've always felt that almighty Allah is the final Judge as to who deserves Jannat and who deserves Jahanam and He knows best for He knows who is sincere amongst us and as such deserved of Jannat

Eventually all Mu'min (believers of Islam) will go to Heaven. Well some muslims will serve their punishment and go.

SubhanAllah if Allah were to let Muslims to finish their punishment in Hell, truly we would be rotting like boiling water.

______________________________________________

73 sects:

"Who are the saved group?"

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/90112/73%20sects

Source(s): www.islamqa.com www.al-inaam.com www.askimam.org www.sunnipath.com

Right after the burning of hate,satarn & ,jinn in ur sole for thousands years..

its not your religion that get you in heaven its if you accept jesuschrist as lord and savior in your heart that get you in eternal life and heaven forever. i cannot tell you if all muslims go to heaven because only god knows that i don't i don't know you i hold nothing against you period i respect all religions all nationalities in this world.god bless you.