Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

help i really need as many advice, opinions, answers etc plz. sorry for the super long question.?

Alright. A few years ago when i was 15/16 i had problems with anorexia. now it's been 6 years ive been binge eating. i had gained a lot of weight when i was 16 n this lasted till i was 18 . that year i started to exercise more and i guess i was eating better i lost weight again. but no too drastically. but then in 2007 i became very suicidal. depressed.. and tried to commit suicide a bunch of times and ended up in the hospital a lot that year. now i'm back to a really heavy weight.

i also have low self-esteem, and was diagnosed with borderlinepersonality disorder. im not on any anti-depressants or anything at the moment although i have been. i thought i was getting better. i did go for therapy so many times.

the question is i moved away to ottawa ( i live in quebec) for a new start to go to school try to again at least.. but i ended up depressed again and have been since then. i'm so tired of it. it's gotten so bad everytime something bad happens in my life like i get in a fight with a friend, or i feel alone, i dunno it can be anything i just give up. right now i'm at that point again. but it's pretty bad. i have 0 motivation. i live a lone in an apartment it was my option. i had friends in the beginning but i sorta pushed them away. im too paranoid. i dropped out of school..... i can't keep a schedule routine . ive been so lazy and sleeping in.. i haven't gotten out of my own apartment space in a whole week. cuz i dont even feel like going out for walks anymore. i dont have a job. i don't know where to start to take care of myself. independently. i feel horrible. i really do. i was supposed to show for group therapy last week now i have to get another referall which will take a long time.. i would go on and add details but .. i just i'm hopeless. also i have very low confidence.. and i have this social anxiety .. i dont want u to feel that bad or sorry for me i just need ur help and please no rude comments .. thanks.

• kacey
    Favorite Answer

I have a similar history of mental struggles, except I have OCD instead of borderline. I've been in hospitals, etc.--you know the routine. Now, I'm a graduate student getting ready to go to med school. So you can overcome that stuff. There's no simple, cut-and-dried solution. But here's some things that have helped me that might help you.

First of all, think about what you want out of life. What do you want your life to look like? It's hard to get motivated if you don't have any dreams or goals to look forward to! It's okay if the goals feel out of reach right now. For me, I knew I wanted to be a doctor. I knew it would take a long time to get there--longer than it takes most people, because I had to get well first--but that was okay with me. I knew I'd get there eventually, as long as I kept going.

Second think about what you need now, today. You can't start feeling better until you identify what you need. Think: if I could have anything in the world right now, what would it be?

Next, get help to get what you need. I have social anxiety disorder too, and I know that can be a big challenge. But you have to learn to ask for what you need. If you're not seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist, you need to make that your first priority. Reach out to family and friends.

Start with little things that take care of yourself. For instance, leave your apartment for a few minutes today, just to feel the fresh air. That was something I worked on for a while. E-mail a friend. Take a nice hot shower or bath. Those little things will start building up.

In the end, you have to commit to living and healing. Know that it wont happ'en all at once, but your commitment will eventually make it happen. Other people will help you make that happen, but you're the one who has to commit to healing, to showing up at group therapy and seeking out help. I don't say this to be harsh, but because this is what I had to do.

I hope some of this helps! The best to you on your journey :)

• Lou

You have had different problems for a few years now but you need address is what is the cause of it all. Where you sexually or mentally abused as a child ?

I find the best way to get your mind organised is to get your Living space organised and to get fit. Throw out things you don't need anymore and start going for brisk walk in the morning. Also write a list of what you need to do the next day, week month etc. Even if it's small things like going for a walk every day you can say I achieved a small thing I can try bigger things.

Hope that helps if you want to chat further you can email me.

Sorry to declare this yet, he isnt that kinda guy that merits a definite or solid woman such as you. Hes completely finding for bitches. Cuz whos different than bitches that hug a boy and with out reason? i think of u would desire to flow on. yet on the comparable time, while he hugs(if he did) only tell him what you sense precisely! And approximately that hes a playboy, u would replace him if he relatively enjoyed you :).. so flow away HIM OR WAIT ;)