Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Muslims, Joking in Islam...?

Assalamu alaikum. wa JazakumAllahukhair wa BarakAllahu feekum.

"Conditions of Permissible Joking in Islam"

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/22170/jokes

After reading the link I suggest you to obey what it says and make ourselves better Mu'minoon after all we are the best Ummat. Do you feel very sad because you have done a wrong by saying the jokes which will give severe punishment? Look below My akhi/sister

Allah's mercy: despair not of it -

Az-Zumar (The Groups)

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ (39:53)

Qul ya AAibadiya allatheena asrafoo AAala anfusihim la taqnatoo min rahmati Allahi inna Allaha yaghfiru alththunooba jameeAAan innahu huwa alghafooru alrraheemu

39:53 SAY: “[Thus speaks God:] ‘O you servants of Mine who have transgressed against your own selves! Despair not of God’s mercy: behold, God forgives all sins - for, verily, He alone is much-forgiving, a dis­penser of grace!’ ”

Update:

Niall - even me and every other muslim needs to know this. There is severe punishment involved in tongue usage of ours (if we use it wrong way obviously)

Plus we have to do Dawah

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Joking is way of the Sahaba and we should follow it. One Sahabi, An-Nuayman ibn Amr, was a great prankster.

It is said that the Holy Prophet SAW regarded an-Nuayman's pranks for what they were light-hearted sallies that were meant to create some relief and laughter. It is said that the religion of Islam does not require people to disdain seemly laughter and levity and remain perpetually gloomy. An appropriate sense of humor is often a saving grace.

An-Nuayman lived on after the Prophet and continued to enjoy the affection of Muslims. But did he put an end to his laughter? During the caliphate of Uthman, a group of Sahabah were sitting in the Masjid. They saw Makhramah ibn Nawfal, an old man who was about one hundred and fifteen years old and obviously rather senile. He was related to the sister of Abdur-Rahman ibn Awl, who was a wife of an-Nuayman.

Makhramah was blind. He was so weak that he could hardly move from his place in the Masjid. He got up to urinate and might have done so in the Masjid. But the companions shouted at him to prevent him from doing so.. An-Nuayman got up and went to take him to another place, as he was instructed. What is this other place that an-Nuayman took him to? In fact he took him only a short distance away from where he was sitting at first and sat him down.

The place was still in the Masjid!

People shouted at Makhramah and made him get up again all in a frenzy. The poor old man was distressed and said: "Who has done this?" "An-Nuayman ibn Amr," he was told.

The old man swore and announced that he would bash an-Nuayman on the head with his stick if he should meet him.

An-Nuayman left and returned. He was up to some prank of his again. He saw Uthman ibn Affan, the Amir al-Muminim, performing Salat in the Masjid. Uthman was never distracted when he stood for Prayer. An-Nuayman also saw Makhramah. He went up to him and in a changed voice said: "Do you want to get at an-Nuayman?"

The old man remembered what an-Nuayman had done. He remembered his vow and shouted: "Yes, where is he?" An-Nuayman took him by the hand and led him to the place where the Khalifah Uthman stood and said to him: "Here he is!"

The old man raised his staff and bashed the head of Uthman. Blood flowed and the people shouted: "It's the Amir al-Muminin!"

The dragged Makhramah away and some people set out to get an-Nuayman but Uthman restrained them and asked them to leave him alone. In spite of the blows he had suffered, he was still able to laugh at the deeds of an-Nuayman.

An-Nuayman lived up to the time of Muawiyah when fitnah saddened him and discord filled him with anguish. He lost his levity and laughed no more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

(Al-Qur'an : An-Nahl)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[20] Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created:

[21] (They are things) dead, lifeless: nor do they know when they will be raised up.

[22] Your God is One God: as to those who believe not in the Hereafter, their hearts refuse to know, and they are arrogant.

[23] Undoubtedly, Allah doth know what they conceal, and what they reveal: verily He loveth not the arrogant.

[24] When it is said to them, "What is it that your Lord has revealed?" They say, "Tales of the ancients!"

Source(s): it said something about you.. Edit : i am straight to the point kind of guy.. i don't like to hide behind bush.. & i am telling you the truth..
  • 1 decade ago

Thank you for that one.

I was actually thinking of asking a question regarding that topic, very interesting brother!

• Phlow
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

And the question is?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.