? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Canadian spending 2 months in Europe. What to expect?

I will be in London England for 2 months this summer for business. I have never been to Europe before and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm going to be traveling alone. How should I expect to get treated in Europe, being a Canadian citizen? Any advice or tips you can leave me with would be wonderful.

What do you mean, make sure they know I'm not American?

Favorite Answer

Well I'm from Europe, and the advice i'm gonna give is, really, just be friendly and people will be friendly back. Bring a brolly for the rain in London. And if you're ever coming to Paris, even using simple phrases like 'merci' and 's'il vous plait' if you don't speak french, is useful. lol

They will be happy yet disappointed you're not from the States. Just make sure you do everything you want to. And just pay attention to what locals do. Like...don't go certain places alone at night if they don't. I went to Ireland and England for a month and it went well. It was just a lot dirtier than Canada..and everyone moved at a slower pace. There was no big rush on anything. At the time it bothered me..but now I'd like it.

i spent 3 weeks in england and scotland.

it was really nice.

in scotland i told a drunk guy in the bathroom i was from california and he shook my hand while we were peeing.

and in london, it was cool to see a lot of the old buildings.

and memorials for wars that took place around there.

Canadians get treated very nice in Europe, and everyone is willing to help. I'm actually going to England for about 2 weeks in July, and then to Greece for 1 month, but most countries in Europe like Canadians.

Source(s): A Canadian that has travelled to Europe

French ladies use suppositories over oral tablets by choice and preference and they love it up the coccie starfish

make sure they know you are not american

wear a canadian flag pin or something that shows you are not american

Don't act American and you'll be fine :)