Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

I golfed alot last year but didnt get much better any tips?

My tee shots and short game actually got worse.

Favorite Answer

Many people need specific golf game tips in order to know precisely what they need to be working on in order to improve their golf games. While an abundance of golf tips exist, I am going to talk about three specific ideas that can help you shoot lower scores and have much more fun on the golf course.

1. The first tip that I want to share with you is that you must have a grip that feels comfortable for you and allows you to hit solid golf shots. What I want you to figure out is whether a weak grip or strong grip is better for you. If you typically slice the fall you may want to strengthen your grip which means you will have three or four knuckles showing on the left hand when you look down at your address position.

2. Another tip deals with the takeaway, or the first part of the back swing. What you want to do is to take the club away in a one piece motion with your hand, arms, and shoulders moving away from the ball in the same manner. What this does is allow the tempo of your golf swing to start in the correct manner which will help you hit better shots on a more consistent basis. This is one of the best golf game tips that has helped me out a lot.

3. Another tip is to start your downswing with your hips and not your arms. What I mean by this is that the first thing that you should feel when you start your downswing is for your hits to turn slightly to the left. What this does is allow you to come into the ball from a better position and hit better and more powerful golf shots.

Try these three golf game tips if you want to shoot lower scores without having to do a lot of practicing. I improved my game drastically in 30 days, and so can you!

Let Me Know How it Goes!

If you practice or play with poor habits or technique you can't expect to get better. Take a few lessons - for the cost of a round or two you should get some insights into what you're doing wrong and a few drills and tips you can continue to use for the rest of your golfing life.

Invest in a couple of instructional tapes and go to the course a day or so a week just to practice the info from the tips. If you practice wrong 4-5 hours you will get worse.

Practise shortgame alot

Repetition by itself will not lead to improvement. Lessons and targeted practice will.

That's what i'm like u need to slow you swing and make sure that you don't over swing.

more practice

watch the movie,"Happy Gilmore"!!!!!!!!