Weapons Engineer?????????

How can i get into this type of thing. What types of classes in university? Thanks!

5 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    You can go to any military academy or any military college such as West Point to learn about weapons, but I guess you need to be on active duty to learn about military weapons first hand.


    You need to get a comprehensive gun book featuring photos of most weapons used in the past and present. Focus mainly on any gun that uses the term M plus a specific number (for example, M14 or M16). "M" means that weapon or gun is used in the military. Study the details of each weapon you see in that book....the caliber, the killing range, whether or not it is a quick or slow reload, the type of trigger, how many rounds in a magazine if there is one, where it was first manufactured.

    For example, remember "Saving Private Ryan"? You may have heard about the BAR--the Browning Assault Rifle used by Allied forces. In the movie, the rifle fires about 5 rounds per second. The MG, or Machinengewehr ("machine gun") 42, used by the Nazis in the film, fired about 8 rounds per second. So I guess to know about 33 percent of the weapons, especially when used in war, study especially World War II.

    Focus a little more on the submachine guns, machine guns assault rifles (especially the AK-47), and grenade guns and antitank weapons such as bazookas and RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) launchers. You need to know the basic types.

    If you are focusing on artillery, focus on the common types, not just the small scale ones like the bayonets and their launchers.

    If you are focusing on explosives and demolition, focus especially on the Bangalore torpedo, which the Allies used on D-Day, as well as the good-old C4 military explosive.

    Hope this helps.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    There is no such thing as a weapon engineer. You probably want to get another type of engineering degree and then apply to work for a defense contractor.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.

    Source(s): GPS ASIC Engineer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Mechanical engineering.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kat
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    I believe you can get that without a degree.

    And, if you want it as an officer, having a degree in a related field does not mean you get that job. At all. Unless you get a degree in nursing, medical, lawyer or something.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.