how do i focus on being calm?

my anxiety seemed heightened today, i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do but i seem to be freaking out....how do i focus on being calm i cannot seem to relax, i am worried

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This always works for me. Sit in a chair at a table with your hands folded or on your knees or wherever is comfortable. Make sure it is totally quiet. Feel yourself relaxing, a sensation, that should start in your feet and feel it work its way up your body, chasing they anxiety out. Don't do it too quickly because it will be ruined. It takes about 2-5 minutes. Imagine all your anxiety flowing out your fingertips and the top of your head. I hope this helps!

• 1 decade ago

Pray, still your mind until there are no thoughts. Then meditate on something beautiful. Picture the flutter of butterfly wings as she poses on a flower. Picture what flower it is and where the flower resides. Feel the breeze. Get inside your meditation and stay there until you relax. Sometimes, soft, new age music in the back ground helps. You may also want to take a very warm, scent filled bath with rose petals or slices of oranges, limes and or lemon. Low lights. Relaxation music. Bath pillow. Candles, perhaps floating. A hot cup of Chamomile tea.

Source(s): Counselor 19 years
  • Ryan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Breathe slow in 7 seconds out 11 seconds. Drink plenty of water also. Just remind yourself that you are fine and everything is ok. Take a couple Advil or a couple benedyl to calm you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just tell yourself it will be ok and you can get through this. Breathe in and out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try some meditation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.