My CPU started making shorted out noises and smoking. What can I do?

This is the second time I've had a problem with my computer. I think its because cockroaches got into the CPU and shorted it out. But the computer will still turn on, but about 5 minutes of being on, it makes a shorting noise and starts to smell as if its been burnt. I did clean my room thoroughly today because of what happened, and there is no more more cockroaches in my room. Is there anything I can do to fix it? It still turns on, but that's at my own risk.

Favorite Answer

You said the computer still turns on?

Open the case, clean all the dust with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air can. Don't point the compressed air can on the fans directly, otherwise they'll spin faster than their rated rpm, which will cause them damage. Now look at the fan above the CPU. There's a metal frame/grill on which the fan is mounted. This is called heatsink. It helps keep your computer cool by helping the fan do its job. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dust that is clogging the heatsink. To be able to better clean it, remove the fan if you can (remove only the fan - DO NOT remove the heatsink.). Now your computer should run cool. If the problem still occurs, though, I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe a fan not secured properly? An earthing problem? A power supply unit problem?

extra desirable CPU utilization will boost fan velocity at circumstances yet exceedingly at start up up is via airborne dirt and dust it particularly is forestall the fan to offer enuf coolin. i think of you have by no capacity wiped sparkling you equipment container a lot of airborne dirt and dust accumulates with time in the cooling grill (The silver colored radiator sort of ingredient between cpu and the cpu fan) of the CPU fan. in basic terms get rid of the fan and sparkling each and all the airborne dirt and dust. additionally sparkling the great mom board. airborne dirt and dust it off. sparkling each and every slot and attempt switching you laptop lower back on! this could provide extra valuable outcomes! observe: Leaving your laptop without cleansing for an prolonged time accumulates airborne dirt and dust in countless slots. be certain you sparkling your laptop as quickly as in a month or 2. Nothins incorrect including your laptop!

Turn off your computer and call a computer technician.

Buy a new one.

And before you ask, you get the money by getting a job. While you're at it, get a hair cut.

Well there is one option for you, and it involves a trash can.

buy a new one, check your mobo also, that may have gone, and check ram, and hdd, and well........everything