Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how do i get rid of a condition called angular cheilitis i have looked it up on the interent and this is what?

itis called i have sores at the corner of my mouth that are dry and flakey and red it says in the artical you can get rid of it by using home remedies that i have in my kitchen or bathroom the only thing to find out what stuff to use i have to send away for a book for 40.00 can anyone help thanks

Favorite Answer

Don't listen to that crap online, it's BS! No legit treatment is going to make you pay $40 without even confirming that you actually have this "disease" nor telling you what the treatment is.

Anyway, I'm 99% sure that you have simple cold sores. Try this stuff called Abreva. You can get it at Walgreens, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, your pharmacy, etc. It works WONDERS! Your sores will be gone in a day or two. It is the only FDA approved non-prescription treatment for cold sores, and I highly recommend it.

Here is their website: http://www.abreva.com/

Angular cheilitis is different - these sores are wet and filled with bacteria, not dry and flaky, like yours. Most of the time, it occurs in elderly people. It is caused by either bacteria or fungus (more often fungus). You can use Athlete's Foot cream to help that...But I sincerely doubt that's what you have. Try Abreva first.

If none of this works, go to your doctor.