Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: If you were offered a billion dollars to...?

count to a billion, would you do it?

Favorite Answer

No. My time is worth more. I found this answer in www.mathisfun.com

To start, see how long it takes you to count from 1 to 100 (you can time it using a Stopwatch).

Let us say it takes 25 seconds to do the counting.

"I can count to 100 in 25 seconds"

So ... how long would it take to count to 1,000? Answer: about 10 times 25 seconds (plus a bit extra because it takes longer to say "3-hundred..."), so that would be about 5 minutes.

"To count to 1,000 takes about 5 minutes"

How long to 10,000? 10 times 5 minutes is 50 minutes. Plus a little extra (for the longer words and a little rest time) is about an hour.

"To count to 10,000 takes about 1 Hour"

How long to 100,000? 10 times 1 Hour is 10 Hours ... that is a long days work! So let us say it would take us all day (you need time to eat and sleep).

"To count to 100,000 is a Day's work"

How long to 1 Million? 10 times 1 Day is 10 Days. You can have the weekends off, so that is 2 weeks work.

"To count to 1,000,000 is 2 Weeks work"

Wow! It would take about 2 Weeks to count to a Million! But it only took 25 seconds to count to 100 ... Numbers sure get big quickly!

Even if you could count without breaks and at the same speed as you did to 100 it would still take nearly 70 hours.

Now Onwards to a Billion

How long to 10 Million? 10 times 2 Weeks is 20 Weeks. But it will be taking you longer to say the bigger numbers, so if we go to 26 weeks, that is half a year.

"To count to 10 Million is almost Half a Year's work"

How long to 100 Million? 10 times half a year is 5 Years!

"To count to 100 Million is 5 Year's work"

And now ... how long to 1 Billion? 10 times 5 years is 50 years ... or nearly a Lifetime!

"To count to 1 Billion would take a Whole Working Life"

(Now don't get me started on a Trillion ... it is a thousand times bigger!)

• Heck Ya!!!! Stupid question who wouldnt...waist about a year of your life to get a billion not a bad deal

yea easy 1 2 skip a few 99 a billion...wheres my money...

• Ha ha ha... I would start, then some way through it... I'd lose count. And have to start all over. Oh how that would suck.

Heck yeah!

no.. because it would take us atleast 1,000,000,000 seconds to finnish. therefore 11574 days of my life would be wasted.. i would rather live and have fun.. than spend 34 years of my life counting

ha ha ha ...i will hire 1000 people to do my counting and promise them to get their money after counting (obviously i will make them up by something) and boom... i won a billion!!!!

Nah that's too much work.

LOL JK Hellz yeah I would!

Lol I think everyone would. I'd need some water tho cuz that would make my throat hurt...:/

id just knock the person out and take the money.