In Wicca what is black salt used for?

Favorite Answer

Jinx removing; keeps away evil forces and bad neighbors.

That's funny, in over 20 years of Wicca I've never come upon a ritual or a prayer using that substance.

It must be one of those marketing things brought to us by the new, more commercially profitable Wicca sold on some websites.

In my opinion it's just a way for someone to make money, I've always used sea salt, and actually never ran across black salt until about 3 years ago, I seen it in a local book store as magik salt, it was just dyed sea salt.

It is used for banishing negative energies, protection magick, getting rid of unwanted forces, and breaking curses and hexes. Regular salt does all of these things as well, but black salt is supposed to be more powerful than regular salt. You can place it around your house for protection from magick and/or spirits.

Source(s): Wiccan/Pagan Priestess

I've never used it. I suppose I could but regular sea salt has never failed me. I have used Hawaiian red salt before and that was pretty neat. Never heard of black salt though. Where did you find it?

To keep evil away.

to keep negative energy away :)

It's called pepper --LOL

LOL pappy!