what is the difference between lime green and neon green?

please can someone help me out here. I think there is a difference, but some of my friends don't, and they all wanted lime green shirts, because they think it's neon green and i tried to tell them that it's two different colors, but they won't listen. Am i right? Or am i wrong? If i am right (which i am positive i am), then plz help me figure out a difference!

thanks sooooo much! :)

• Favorite Answer

I think your right because neon green is more of a bright and florescent color but lime green is a darker color. The color of the outside of a watermelon is more lime greenish...I think that neon green is a little brighter than apple green. OH! and Neon green is also what they call a glow in the dark. I hope you can show your friends the difference and I hope that I helped out alot! GOOD LUCK!!

ps you can also go to yahoo, type in the color, and click on images at the top left corner and look there. Then type in the other color and do the same thing to compare them! Thanks

Lime Green Neon

lime green is slightly darker like the bar at the top of the page neon green is fluorescent and glows

you're right! lime green is a light, yellow-green. neon green is super bright green. hope this helps!!

Neon is more bright and stands out.