someone name me a really good book that won an award.?
please name the title, author, what award it won, and y u liked it.
i like thriller, mystery, or humour books .sci-fi is okay i guess. i don't like horror, fantasy, or girly books. i also don't like thick thick books. i'm 15. thanks!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
His Dark Materials is a trilogy of fantasy novels by Philip Pullman comprising Northern Lights (1995, published as The Golden Compass in North America), The Subtle Knife (1997) and The Amber Spyglass (2000). It follows the coming-of-age of two children, Lyra Belacqua and Will Parry, as they wander through a series of parallel universes against a backdrop of epic events. The three novels have won various awards, most notably The Amber Spyglass, the 2002 Whitbread Book of the Year prize, while the trilogy as a whole took third place in the BBC's Big Read poll in 2003.
The story involves fantasy elements such as witches and armoured polar bears, and alludes to a broad range of ideas from fields such as physics, philosophy, theology and spirituality. The trilogy functions in part as a retelling and inversion of John Milton's epic, Paradise Lost; with Pullman commending humanity for what Milton saw as its most tragic failing. The series has drawn criticism from some religious individuals and groups due to its alleged negative portrayal of organized religion.Source(s): I have read and reread the trilogy, and never cease to be amazed and amused by them. The triology is an excllent read. ge
- P3Lv 51 decade ago
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin - Newberry Medal Award
- dwhite389Lv 51 decade ago
1. To Kill a Mockingbird Harper Lee Pulitzer for Fiction. It is a very simple story simply told, and is one of the greatest American books ever written period.
2. Cold Mountain Charles Frazier National Book Award. It is a very good book about the Civil War and a man who is trying to get home to his sweetheart who is trying to survive the war. Very gripping story. Longer than Mockingbird.
- 1 decade ago
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.
it is a good book
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn its a very inspirational book about hard life and times and back into poverty and all those matters. i forgot who it was wrote by and what award, but it was one of our books to read for English 2 in school. and its my absolute favorite, ive read over a thousand books.