Does my water filter eliminates all the chlorine on my tap water so it is safe to drink?

should I boil the water as well or just with the filter it will be safe to drink?

thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Gordan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some water filters remove chlorine, others remove minerals by softening the water. Many people own water filters to remove chlorine from drinking water, but 50% of chlorine exposure occurs in the shower. Unfiltered shower water can double your exposure to chlorine as you absorb chlorine the skin and inhale of chlorine vapors. A whole house water filter works as a point-of-entry water filtration system, cleaning and purifying water as it enters the home. Chlorine, VOCs, and other dangerous contaminants are removed from water before that water is used in any household capacity

• 1 decade ago

Most water filters remove chlorine. Chlorine is big as far as filtering goes. Look at the filter and see if it removes down to one micron, that is the sign of a good filter.

A red blood cell is seven micron, as a point of reference, and most bad things are removed at one micron. If you are concerned about crazier things like rocket fuel or petroleum or crypto sporidium, change to reverse osmosis filtration.

• 1 decade ago

You don't say what your filter is. Most carbon and/or de-ionizing filters will take out most of the chlorine. How much depends on your filter, how fresh the filter is, and how much is in your tap water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.